+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Youtube Locking Down in Technical; Hi all I am struggling with this one. I need to lockdown youtube so you can't see related video's, description, ...

Thank Post

Youtube Locking Down

Hi all

I am struggling with this one. I need to lockdown youtube so you can't see related video's, description, comments and advertisements. The deputy head has told me about a Google Chrome extension which does this though it's unbelievably easy to change the setting on it an you have to assign every user to use google chrome and a load of other problems which I can't sit here and discuss there's to many does anyone know of an easy way to lock down youtube over a network?

Thanks guys

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It may be worth looking at YouTube for schools

YouTube para centros educativos - YouTube

Though, you'd have to set up a redirect from regular YouTube. [May or may not be difficult, TBH I haven't messed about with our DNS too much.]

3. Thanks to X-13 from:

abillybob (2nd September 2013)

Thank Post
    You should be able to at least remove comments & related vids in your content filter: Smoothwall supports both. We also support youtube edu mode, and can block the ads too - description might be trickier, but one of the blocklist team could have a go I am sure.

5. Thanks to tom_newton from:

abillybob (2nd September 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_newton View Post
    block the ads too
    I'm not sure if you do it differently to adblock plus, but that sometimes makes the videos load really slowly.

You also can't preload them, it refuses to go past a certain point near the beginning of the video.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your help we will be getting Smoothwall in the summer with our new Active Directory and Group Policies so might wait till then!!!!

Thank Post
    We can block comments on the full site but not the mobile site. Why is this?

Thank Post
    Hey Guys sorry to bring up an old post although I have followed your suggestions on blocking the youtube comments and forcing youtube safe search though you can still search for things such as "Naked" which shows hidden cams of girls undressing. Not the best for primary school students to be able to see. Also Miley Cyrus's bum is all over the homepage of Youtube. I was under the impression that Smoothwall can block videos and pictures by looking at Flesh Content how do I enable this to block things like Miley Cyrus Bum and certain other things such as the search word Naked

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    Hi all

I am struggling with this one. I need to lockdown youtube so you can't see related video's, description, comments and advertisements. The deputy head has told me about a Google Chrome extension which does this though it's unbelievably easy to change the setting on it an you have to assign every user to use google chrome and a load of other problems which I can't sit here and discuss there's to many does anyone know of an easy way to lock down youtube over a network?

Thanks guys
    You need a decent filtering solution. Perhaps one that also supports Youtube for schools so you can make your own channel and only show videos that you want allowing.

We offer this via Lightspeed based filtering solution which is part of our broadband solution. You can also use Fortinet or Smoothwall too.

Thanks

Dave

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread