+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Simple but noobie question, help please! in Technical; Hello! We've just installed HAP and want to put a link on our website to it. My question is, how? ...
    Thank Post

Simple but noobie question, help please!

Hello!

We've just installed HAP and want to put a link on our website to it. My question is, how?

Im not very knowledgable when it comes to linking an internal web server onto an outside site.

I assume port forwarding and the like but thought i'd ask first!

Thanks, Matt

Thank Post
    Yes Matt, you're on the right lines. You need to talk to your ISP (I'm assuming school, not home). They need to provide you with a public IP address. They need to open port(s) into your internal network, specifically to the internal host address of your HAP server (probably ports 80 and 443). Then you need an A entry in your public DNS record named with a useful name and pointing at your public IP address. Then when someone types the public name of your HAP server into their browser, they will connect to your public address and the firewall will re-route (re-address) the packets to your internal host address. Tell me which bits (if any) you don't grok.
    Last edited by Rammie; 27th June 2013 at 03:10 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information