+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, New Connection Virgin Media in Technical; I'm costing provisions for a new broadband connection. We currently have 2 x BT infinity which are not up to ...

Thank Post

New Connection Virgin Media

I'm costing provisions for a new broadband connection. We currently have 2 x BT infinity which are not up to the job and was miss sold to my previous NM.
    Were lucky if we get 8Mb/s on a good day (supposed to be 40) on each line.
    Had a salesman in yesterday from virgin media, for a 100Mb/s 1:1 leased line, although it's going to be hard to justify to the governors the cost difference.

Anyone had any experience of VM ? Or use them ? (I'm a VM customer at home but I mean in schools)

GTX

Thank Post
    I know your saying you want to know about experience's in schools... but i have them at home like you. I have 100mb.. Never miss's a beat. Normally get around 103mb depending on the time of the day.

The only problem i have with them is their customer support.. but i guess you will get UK call centres with been a leased line.

Thank Post
    Hiyah yes Ive installed VM business broadband in 2 small primary schools now .... 20 meg down and 2 meg up speed .... The service has been fantastic with a steady 19-20 meg at each location ... Installation was flawless and we get a free telephone line as a bonus. Much better then our previous and cost circa 42.00 per month ... Virgin say the we can have an upgrade to 50 meg soon for the same price .... Very happy with both installations ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caffrey View Post
    I'm costing provisions for a new broadband connection. We currently have 2 x BT infinity which are not up to the job and was miss sold to my previous NM.
    Were lucky if we get 8Mb/s on a good day (supposed to be 40) on each line.
    Had a salesman in yesterday from virgin media, for a 100Mb/s 1:1 leased line, although it's going to be hard to justify to the governors the cost difference.

Anyone had any experience of VM ? Or use them ? (I'm a VM customer at home but I mean in schools)
    We have a wholesale account with Virgin Media and essentially connect their leased line Ethernet network into ours. Virgin is very good once its in. Getting it in is another matter though.....

Do send me a PM if you'd like a quote.

Cheers

Dave

Thank Post
    Hi,

Like David says, Virgin provide a great service at a good price, but it sometimes takes a little bit of pushing them up a hill to get it installed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread