+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, RADIUS - Reconnection issue? in Technical; Hi guys, So after a lot of time spent wrestling with RADIUS at one of my schools we finally have ...

Thank Post

RADIUS - Reconnection issue?

Hi guys,

So after a lot of time spent wrestling with RADIUS at one of my schools we finally have a fairly stable NPS server setup on a win2008r2 box using Aruba Wireless points.

There's just ONE thing that's an issue at the moment: If the device (in this example a netbook) goes to sleep/hibernates and tries to connect on waking it gives the messages "Cannot connect to .....". If I leave it for 5 minutes or so and then try to reconnect it's fine. Currently using PEAP/MSCHAPv2.

Connection is stable initially and have tested roaming round the school and only get a few drops when pinging a server, mobile devices, iPads etc. all seem to be ok but it's just this 'immediate reconnection' issue that's the problem.

Logs in system32\logfiles\ are inconclusive and event viewer doesn't point to anything.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It appears the problem is a little bigger than previously thought. My clients that have been connected for well over an hour have disconnected and need that few minutes of 'cooling off' before re-establishing connection! Restarting the NPS service doesn't seem to have any affect. Very confusing!

Cheers!
    Chris.
    Last edited by escc_chris; 26th March 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: more info

Thank Post
    hi
    i also want to configure radius server using window server 2008R2 can you provide me the configuration you used.
    waiting for your response.
    thnx

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by escc_chris View Post
    Hi guys,

So after a lot of time spent wrestling with RADIUS at one of my schools we finally have a fairly stable NPS server setup on a win2008r2 box using Aruba Wireless points.

There's just ONE thing that's an issue at the moment: If the device (in this example a netbook) goes to sleep/hibernates and tries to connect on waking it gives the messages "Cannot connect to .....". If I leave it for 5 minutes or so and then try to reconnect it's fine. Currently using PEAP/MSCHAPv2.

Connection is stable initially and have tested roaming round the school and only get a few drops when pinging a server, mobile devices, iPads etc. all seem to be ok but it's just this 'immediate reconnection' issue that's the problem.

Logs in system32\logfiles\ are inconclusive and event viewer doesn't point to anything.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It appears the problem is a little bigger than previously thought. My clients that have been connected for well over an hour have disconnected and need that few minutes of 'cooling off' before re-establishing connection! Restarting the NPS service doesn't seem to have any affect. Very confusing!

Cheers!
    Chris.
    It's nothing to do with the wireless card power settings is it - although 5 minutes seems a long time!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread