+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, YouTube for Schools - This content cannot be displayed in a frame in Technical; Just curious as to how many of you use YouTube for Schools? And if you are having issues, particularly if ...

Thank Post

YouTube for Schools - This content cannot be displayed in a frame

Just curious as to how many of you use YouTube for Schools?

And if you are having issues, particularly if you go down the route of the custom HTTP header.

We'd been using it fine for several months, then in Feb embedded video's, even ones we'd added to our playlist no longer worked and instead users were met with "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" - as soon as we remove the header, the video displays and plays correctly.

We've thus far blamed Google/YouTube for this, but am concerned there are very few other reported cases on here or in Google's own product forums.

So is anyone else having a similar problem? Or any advice on what we could try to overcome the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not much in the way of advice, but I just pulled the plug on it. I was using the URL rewrite method and it worked when it was initially setup; then out of the blue kids were able to access videos/comments outside of the educational channel. Google supposedly fixed it (and it worked for a while) and then I started getting complaints again. Youtube seemed to be ignoring edu filter option on the end of the URL. I don't want to keep thinking when are the kids going to eventually circumvent the filter again. It proved to be too much of a headache in the end.

Thank Post
    I've been looking at this as well. I ended up writing an IIS asp.net website that basically acts as the filter. set up an internal dns entry (youtube.local), which is our webserver. It then processes the requests, looks at the ip address that's accessing it, and computer name and either blocks access or allows it based on what staff in that room want (they have to turn it on).

I do a rewrite on the response turning YouTube into youtube.local.

This way staff have full youtube at youtube.com but students have to use youtube.local as YouTube is blocked for them on the filter.

If anyone would like a copy of my code, to see if they can get it to work, let me know.

Cookies does work, but you don't need them to.

IIS7+ is needed BTW.

Thank Post
    We've been having the same problem with iframe errors when we use khan academy. On Feb 6, all embedded videos had this problem regardless of whether you were using youtube education or not. On various forums I read that people thought they changed a header value and it blew up the cross-domain iframe protection that exists in pretty much every browser. This was fixed the same day it broke but it seems like we have still had issues with youtube education users over the past month.

We get this error on most khan academy videos. I've seen no solutions for this, but I have a feeling most people are abandoning youtube edu filtering because it has had so many problems and has so many holes. For one thing, the iOS app doesn't honor education filtering at all. We may ditch it if we cant find a fix for this quickly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread