+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Smoothwall Support - Your comments? in Technical; Is it just me but has anyone else been experiencing issues with Smoothwall telephone support? We have logged a few ...
    Thank Post

Smoothwall Support - Your comments?

Is it just me but has anyone else been experiencing issues with Smoothwall telephone support? We have logged a few calls with them lately and never get a call back. It is always down to us to do the chasing and even then we have often been promised a call back and never had one.

Once you do get a call back then the support is excellent but we've had something logged for over 10 days on this occasion and haven't heard a thing!

Don't get me wrong, we think our Smoothie is brilliant but it seems a shame that their telephone support is letting them down at the moment.

Thank Post
    logged a call 20/11/2012 - -got a call reference number - have never heard back since - managed to solve it in a different way luckily but they should have come back to me.
    When I had an urgent problem had to ring account manager to get it bumped up to high priority to get it looked at.
    Their support needs sorting out.

Thank Post
    Snap - had a couple of calls open, one since September and one for a month.

Been on hold a few times for 30minutes before it goes to auto voicemail, then they usually call back but days later. There support needs to be a little more flexible I understand we are all busy people but I cant afford to sit on the phone on hold for 30 minutes at a time to then be contacted days later about the issue,. They never update the calls with suggestions or methods which i could try to resolve the issue when I have a moment to spare, any support always seems to be on their terms regarding calling you back and unfortunately as most people will know we cant always be that spontaneous at the drop of a hat.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the info guys - I will talk to our support manager. I knwo they're trying to fit a load of new procedures in around support with the aim of improving consistency, but it is clearly early days just yet.

5. 3 Thanks to tom_newton:

danbee (3rd December 2012), jpaterson (3rd December 2012), zag (3rd December 2012)

Thank Post
    I completely agree. Smoothwall support has been very poor recently.

I used to deal with them regularly in another school about 2 years ago and have just recently started dealing with them again in my current school and have noticed a definite drop in service in that time.

We used to get quick call backs or email replies it now takes days or you dont even get a reply some times.

Not the level of service it used to be!

EDIT: I posted a similar question back in September: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/smooth...ne-strike.html

Andrew
    Last edited by adhutton; 3rd December 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Thank Post
    I think the main issue smoothwall has is that their customer base has increased in size x% but their support hasnt been able to increase in size to match it.

They end up getting swamped and things fall through the holes. Smoothwall support was the best of any we used upto about a year ago and I feel has been dropping since then......

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Same similar poor experience here, I posted in another thread about it.

Being passed from saleswoman, to support, then to another office, then had to remind them. Then was asked to book an appointment in the future for someone to ring me then they didn't. At no time was I even given a support number.

Once I got through to the guy he was excellent though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Once I got through to the guy he was excellent though.
    That is one thing, the guys and girls in support do know the product well

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    That is one thing, the guys and girls in support do know the product well
    Yes, completely agree.

Its just getting to that point which seems to be proving difficult these days....

Andrew

sjl
    Thank Post
    I have just had the idea of checking edugeek to see if anyone else was having issues with smoothwall support. I logged a call two weeks ago for an issue with our database but have had no contact. I have tried updating the ticket to see if that sparks activity, i can't get through via telephone either. It's a surprise as they have always provided great support - probably one of the best technical support services I have come across.

I waited a while for support when Guardian 3 and the new UI came in but I put that down to them being overloaded with upgrade issues. On a completely separate note, I didn't like the new UI changes either!

I have used smoothwall for years at various locations and the overall service has always been excellent so I'm willing to overlook teething issues so long as they are resolved and it gets back close to the level it was.

Thank Post
    I can only echo the points made above - logging calls online seems to only lead to an auto-reply email and action only happens when I speak to my account manager.

In fact that's just reminded me that I've got a case logged that's now 13 days old...

Having said that, the quality of the technical support that I get when I speak to a tech is very good - in particular Chris Richardson is a star.

Thank Post
    @sjl - drop me an email with comments on the new UI -- we have a full time UI chap now who would be interested to hear how we can improve.

As for the slow response to support queries, it is currently #1 priority round here to get this resolved, and we certainly will. There have been a number of issues which seem to have compunded the problem, but we won't hide behind excuses, we need to make this better, and we will.

14. 2 Thanks to tom_newton:

mmoseley (3rd December 2012), zag (3rd December 2012)

Thank Post
    I've got to the stage that I am looking elsewhere for web filtering, the new support website is terrible also. There only seems like there are 20 articles and most searches bring up a big fat zero.

Thank Post
    As the Service Delivery Manager, I am responsible for the support function at Smoothwall. I do apologise for the apparent decline in response times you are noticing and can assure you that not only are we working very, very hard to reduce the backlog of support cases that we have but that we are also actively recruiting to increase the size of our support team dramatically.

As I can see very clearly that you all have outstanding support cases and are disappointed with the responses you have received (or in some cases the lack of), I am happy for you to contact me directly on michael.marks@smoothwall.net and I will re-prioritise your cases and ensure that they are dealt with promptly.

Your business is very important to us and I genuinely don't wish for you to feel that you have been ignored so please, despite the fact that my inbox may be bombarded, contact me and let me know any outstanding cases that you have logged with us.

I do take pride in the comments that the quality of our support team is up there with the best, we will never sacrifice that quality but I can commit to you that we will improve the speed of our service.

Assuring you all of my total commitment.

Michael Marks
    Service Delivery Manager
    Smoothwall

Thank Post
    Unfortunately I've got a couple of calls open with them at the moment and it is taking a quite some time for them to get to me. As others have said, when you do get to the support engineer they do a great job. Last time I had a problem it took a week to get a call from them and about 10 minutes to fix it as they knew exactly what to do. I do just wish the waiting a week could be shaved down considerably.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast