+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Whole school website had directory browsing on for the world to see its files and pic in Technical; Anyone ever come across a school who have had the above on so all their old documents up to 3 ...

Thank Post

Whole school website had directory browsing on for the world to see its files and pic

Anyone ever come across a school who have had the above on so all their old documents up to 3 years ago and pictures of children etc can be found in an instance and saved. Some with very high resolution of pupils that could be printed perfectly at A2 for the world to see?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No, if they didnt want to be seen in public they should have never been on the server in the first place really.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    No, if they didnt want to be seen in public they should have never been on the server in the first place really.
    I completely agree, but unsure if it was the school hosting or a professional company. If it was a professional company that did the site you would hope they would have switched it off as there is no one technical at the school. But like kids people dont get that uploading your picture from your 10meg camera means a beautiful image at A1 size !!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdc199 View Post
    Anyone ever come across a school who have had the above on so all their old documents up to 3 years ago and pictures of children etc can be found in an instance and saved. Some with very high resolution of pupils that could be printed perfectly at A2 for the world to see?
    No, and if I were the person that set up the website I would be very worried, and if I were the person in charge of data protection and child protection I would be asking some massivly searching questions!

Rob

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    No, and if I were the person that set up the website I would be very worried, and if I were the person in charge of data protection and child protection I would be asking some massivly searching questions!

Rob
    That is excactly why after the job interview even though I did not get it I explained this problem with the site as for the pupil's and parents of that school they would be very concerned and if it was my child that was in these pictures then I would not want people to have access to it. However, I could have hung them out to the cleaners with safeguarding and Data protection as you mention. But as you say very worrying.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread