+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Strange Chrome Issues.... in Technical; Hi all, We are having a major issue with Google Chrome and it is really baffling us. Sometimes Chrome will ...

Thank Post

Angry Strange Chrome Issues....

Hi all,
    We are having a major issue with Google Chrome and it is really baffling us. Sometimes Chrome will open fine and other times it won't. For Domain Admins, Chrome will usually open and run fine with no issues whatsoever, but for staff and students... not so much. A staff/student will attempt to open Chrome and it will not open. The cursor will just flash for around half a second and then nothing will come up. The strange thing is, sometimes it will work, and open normally. Also, if the user logs off then back on again, Chrome may begin to work. Our old tech didn't deploy Chrome using the MSI, as far as I can tell, he used Ranger Package Manager to image Chrome and then deploy it. It has worked, up until recently when our issues started to occur. I have tried different things, Such as clearing cached profiles, removing chrome (and leftover registry entries) and then installing the MSI version. But to no avail. I am completely stumped, We have raised a ticket with Google themselves and awaiting a reply, and with our external IT support, but they won't help us because it isn't a Microsoft product (-.-) So I'm just trying to dig up information now. I have suggested Chrome Frame, but I'd rather have Chrome if possible. Also, we use a RealSmart powered Website and VLE, and the use of Google Mail, Drive etc. is critical for teachers and students alike (Mail is pretty much unusable and causes the computer to lock up and freeze under IE8)

Thanks for any help in advance
    Jack

Thank Post
    You're best bet would be to deploy using the Google MSI - Google reads a lot of configuration from the system as opposed to the likes of firefox which uses its own configuration settings.

Thank Post
    Hey Grant, I should have mentioned this in the OP, but I have tried MSI deployment on a small handful of machines and I am still having these issues. We did get a reply back from Google saying to disable Flash PPAPI out-of-process and that also didn't work. I am just completely stumped.

Jack

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread