+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Virgin Media, Room for Improvement.. in Technical; Hello all, Here's my recent experience with Virgin Media. I recently moved house, signed up with their Virgin Media Biz ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts

Arrow Virgin Media, Room for Improvement..

Hello all,

Here's my recent experience with Virgin Media.

I recently moved house, signed up with their Virgin Media Biz package. All's well at this point

I then receive documents to sign in the post, however I notice that the account holder name is my name and not my Limited Company name. I ring up Virgin, it asks me for my 9 digit account number and then it asks me for my 2 digit area reference. The area reference on my letter is three numbers long

After calling up SEVERAL times, I then put in all 3 digits despite the automated call only asking for 2 digits. This time it worked when I entered 3 digits

I'm then told I cannot change the account holder name and that I would have to cancel because I have signed up for a Residential package and not a Business package. It clearly says it's aimed at Small Businesses

I then hang up, have a look online and there's a different number for Virgin Media Business and Virgin Media. That's right, they're two different companies and they don't talk to each other whatsoever... despite being under the Virgin brand.

I then to said Virgin Sales, do you not think it's mis-leading that you have Virgin Media offering Business services and Virgin Media Business offering Business services? Apparently it's crystal clear. I'm obviously an idiot then

I rang up probably the 10th time at this rate, spoke to someone else and they said yes it is possible to change the account holder name. I do this over the phone and it took minutes. Brilliant, finally someone helpful and I can get on with my day

It doesn't end there though. I decide to sign up online, go through all the procedures and enter all required information. The last page then comes up 'oops, there's appears to be a problem...' and my account doesn't register.

So there you have it, it's a Business advertised package, but in fact it's a Residential package and I cannot register an account online because their website reports an error.

Where's that eduJD when you need it!? All thoughts welcome...

Thank Post
    Sounds like something you see on Watchdog :P

Thank Post
    Its similair with a few areas of their service provision.
    For instance, if you take up the offers that include mobile phones you're actually taking up two seperate offers from two seperate companies.
    Virgin Mobile (who provide your mobile phone) are a seperate operating concern to Virgin Media (the provider of your cable and tv). So thats multiple direct debits, support numbers etc.
    and get this... Virgin Mobiles "Free calls to Virgin phones" section of their package.. doesn't include the Virgin Media technical supprot line!! Maybe they aren't their own service provider

Your situation does seem slightly worse however as at least Virgin Media & Virgin Mobile appear to be capable of communicating with each other.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    Sounds like something you see on Watchdog :P
    My thoughts exactly. How on earth the chap I spoke to at Virgin Media Business didn't think it was mis-leading was unbelievable really.

Thank Post
    Conclusion - after being passed around from department to department, I cancelled Virgin Media and signed up with Virgin Media Business from the start.

- Credit check could be done in my company name without issue
    - All invoices will be in my company name
    - Direct support to UK call centre
    - Installation due at the end of the month

Why couldn't they get it right first time though?

It appears (on closer inspection) their website was to blame for the mix-up as it looks totally different from when I signed up. Either way, I just wouldn't recommend Virgin Media for Biz services. Sign up to Virgin Media Business if you operate an SME

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread