+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Exponential-e in Technical; Have had a cold call from Exponential-e offering some very low cost broadband. I must admit I haven't heard of ...
    SJA

Thank Post

Exponential-e

Have had a cold call from Exponential-e offering some very low cost broadband.

I must admit I haven't heard of them before.

Before moving forward, I was hoping to find out if anyone else uses them. What have been your experiences?

I'm also keen to find out a bit about their network... Are they reselling/re branding another product (BT Wholesale, Entanet, Daisy etc)? Who do they peer with? Anything else that's useful.

I'm a bit concerned by the reviews here: Exponential-E Reviews, Price Quotes, Problems, Support | Spiceworks
    Other than that, info is very thin!

I'd be very grateful for any info or experiences you might have to share.

Thank Post
    Round here they use BT's fibre. We are about half way through a three year deal on a 100Mbit lease with them. I have no complaints; they were very helpful and knowledgeable during install and commissioning. The only issue we have had, they were extremely proactive and notified us of the problem before we realised we had an issue. Most of the time, it just sits there and works.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 863 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We had them in when we were shopping around much earlier in the year, and shooed them off as soon as we found out they were lying to us.

Thank Post
    Ive got them coming in next Monday for a visit - what lies did they tell? - do tell!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They told us it was them that fitted the UK's ethernet network in the first place and own it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Will add that this was dealt with at the time when we raised it with a few people and they've otherwise acted professionally I posted about it nearer the time elsewhere and it seemed to be down to a particular employee who was dealt with. Similar in fact to another company who had an employee who was created aliases just to recommend themselves!

Being frank, I'd just recommend trying to get an idea of what other schools are using their services and asking for honest opinions from them rather than going from online reviews; as with any online review service people will always be bothered to complain but rarely to compliment.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information