+ Post New Thread
ICT KS3 SATS Tests Thread, MSI installs through AD help in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; My school has decided it's going to continue with these abominations that are the ICT KS3 SATS Tests :-( Last ...

Thank Post

MSI installs through AD help

My school has decided it's going to continue with these abominations that are the ICT KS3 SATS Tests :-(

Last Year we manualy installed everything as MSI installs through AD were not working.

Tried ghosting doesnt seem to want to play same with using Ranger package builder.

So this year has come arround and I try again with the new versions of the DPS and the new 2007 practice tests. Still no Joy installing using the MSI though AD. On reboot the MSI shows as being installed but when i login nothing has happened. I am able to Deploy other MSI packages eg :MS Project and they work fine.

Called up RM without asking any other questions they say it's my network. Cheers RM thanks for at least making the slightest help to assist me NOT!

I see others had the same trouble last year and went for a manual install. I dont want to waste an afternoon doing the same this year if i can help it.

Any Suggestions??

I cant see why they couldnt go down the same route as the Exambase tests with installation on the server and the tests get pulled down from there. But hey ho thats why I love RM

Thank Post

Re: MSI installs through AD help

OK fixed my own problem I hope this helps someone else and saves them some time.

Basicly give full access to the folder where the test MSI files are stored to everyone. You could probably give less than this but I havent got the inclination to try.

Why this is the case i dont know as MS office and MS Project dont seem to need it but there you go.

Thank Post

Re: MSI installs through AD help

We deployed to 250 computers last year via GPO and did not have a bit of trouble. I will check our folder permissions just out of curiosity tomorrow.

Thank Post
    MSI's....Had similar issues, but checked all the gpo settings and checked that the gpo is assigned to the right ou, three restarts later. software installing!
    Always a bit of pain rolling these outs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread