+ Post New Thread
ICT KS3 SATS Tests Thread, 2007 Practise Tests in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; Does anyone know if the 2007 practice test is available yet? I have the 2007 Pupil Familiarisation Materials and the ...

Thank Post

2007 Practise Tests

Does anyone know if the 2007 practice test is available yet?

I have the 2007 Pupil Familiarisation Materials and the 2007 Test Scheduling but nothing else, I had a leaflet the other day telling me the practice should be available in Mid January.

I've done the manage internet access --> run now but still nothing

Matt

Thank Post

Re: 2007 Practise Tests

Quote Originally Posted by disinfo
    Does anyone know if the 2007 practice test is available yet?

I have the 2007 Pupil Familiarisation Materials and the 2007 Test Scheduling but nothing else, I had a leaflet the other day telling me the practice should be available in Mid January.

I've done the manage internet access --> run now but still nothing

Matt
    RM made them available Monday, according to the chap I'm speaking to at the moment. For us, at least, it's broken and not downloading properly. Well. That's not strictly true. The file's downloading ok, but the APS is convinced the download is still pending and failing.

Ho hum, wasted the best part of a day on the phone to them.

Thank Post

Yes they are available just installed mine

Thank Post

Starting setting ours up today.......... can't see the point myself.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by tosca925
    Starting setting ours up today.......... can't see the point myself.
    because senior management twisted your arm?

In my case, I just wanted to see what the fuss was about.....

Chris

Thank Post

because senior management twisted your arm?
    More of being told to do it, i think its a waste of our time and resources when we have a mountain of other work to do as it is.......!

Thank Post

I received this e-mail today

-----------------------------------

Dear KS3 ICT test school,

The 2007 practice test

The 2007 practice test has now been allocated to your school’s APS server and is ready to be installed. Before installing and using the test please ensure you read the attached release note. The practice test comprises 2 x 50 minute sessions, and can be run ad hoc, taken at the convenience of the pupil and your school, or formally scheduled to act as a mock examination. Please note that if you currently have the 2006 practice test that this will not be available to your school after 26 February as it uses an out-of-date version of the test software.

The 2007 summative test

The 2007 summative test timetable has also been allocated to your APS. You should schedule summative test sessions as soon as possible to enable you to be fully prepared for the summative test window. The tests must be scheduled to take place within the 4 week window 30 April – 25 May.

The 2007 summative test will be the last pilot before the project is re-focussed to provide assessment materials that can be used more flexibly to support teaching and learning throughout the key stage. You are strongly encouraged to take part in the pilot. You will receive results for each pupil who completes the test and will also be helping us to further improve the software and assessment ready for the new materials, which we expect to release later this year.

Where do I find the practice and summative tests?

• You can check if a test is available on your school’s APS by selecting the Manage Tests option from the Tests menu.

• Please refer to Chapter 8 of the Installation and Technical Guide for full instructions on how to find your test and install it onto your workstations.

• If the test does not appear to be available on your APS, you may wish to check your system’s connectivity to the CPS server by following the instructions on the bottom of page 51 of the Installation and Technical Guide.

How do I set up and run the practice test?

The following guides provide information on running practice tests;

• Page 3 of the Pupil and Test Management Guide - describes the difference between practice and summative tests.

• Page 32 of the Getting Starting Guide - describes how to run an unscheduled test.

• Page 41 of the Pupil and Test Management Guide - describes how to schedule tests

• Page 9 of the Test Administration Guide - describes how pupils log on to the DPS to run a scheduled test

Formative reports

When a pupil has completed the second session of the practice test they will immediately receive an onscreen report summarising their performance and suggesting areas for improvement. They can save or print this report. These formative reports are also available on the APS if the pupil has taken the test as an identified pupil. Please see pages 69-75 of the Pupil and Test Management Guide for details of how to view test reports

2007 software updates and familiarisation materials

The 2007 software updates, test scheduling familiarisation materials and pupil familiarisation materials were allocated to your school in December. You need to ensure that the software updates have been installed on your network so that you are using the current software version.

Note that if you have the 2006 version of the familiarisation materials on your APS these will not be available to your school after 26 February as they use an out-of-date version of the test software.

Preparing your staff

It is important that all staff involved in the running of tests have read the relevant training documentation to ensure they are fully aware of their responsibilities. Further guidance can be found in the Getting Started Guide. We strongly recommend that staff use the Pupil Familiarisation Materials and try a practice test to familiarise themselves with the software and toolkit before they commence teaching pupils.

2007 training guides and posters

Click [ http://www.naa.org.uk/naaks3/273.asp ]here to download the new 2007 training guides, details on the changes from 2006, the 2007 posters and a new Global Index.

Software tutorials

Click here to download some tutorials that demonstrate the administrative activities you will carry out using the KS3 ICT test software and to see a demo of a test.

Support

If you have any enquiries regarding the practice test please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Browse to the KS3 ICT pilot website (http://www.naa.org.uk/ks3ictpilot).

• Click on the “Accreditation and technical support” link.

• Click on the “Go to the accreditation and technical support” area.

• Login to the website when prompted using your KS3 ICT pilot username and password.

• Click on the 'Support' link from the menu on the left of the page.

• Click on the 'Search the Knowledge Library' link. This will take you to a page showing a list of the most recent technical knowledge library articles.

School readiness

Your preparation for the 2007 pilot should be well under way. Download a copy of The Essential Guide: Preparing your School for the KS3 ICT Test to see what you need to do and when.

With regards,

KS3 ICT Tests Customer Services Team

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by dustmite
    RM made them available Monday, according to the chap I'm speaking to at the moment. For us, at least, it's broken and not downloading properly. Well. That's not strictly true. The file's downloading ok, but the APS is convinced the download is still pending and failing.

Ho hum, wasted the best part of a day on the phone to them.
    Quoting myself, dreadful.

My tale of doom continues. Last night they advised me to see if it "fixes itself", despite the fact I've already (rather succintly I thought) pointed out that the file's the correct size, but the APS refuses to aknowledge that it's downloaded.

Ho hum. Their advice was to "phone back tomorrow". I guess that's going to be another wasted day...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread