Poll: QCA or RM (fiendish - one or the other please!)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
ICT KS3 SATS Tests Thread, Before I post in FFS... in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I have this morning received a very helpful email from QCA/RM: Originally Posted by Qwalificashun & Curricuelum Orfority/Researching Monkeys Dear ...
    Thank Post

Before I post in FFS...

I have this morning received a very helpful email from QCA/RM:

Quote Originally Posted by Qwalificashun & Curricuelum Orfority/Researching Monkeys
    Dear School/Centre,
    (Please ignore this email if you have commenced installation of the software or have recently contacted us regarding your installation)

We have previously despatched the KS3 ICT test software pack to your school. Part of the software installation process involves registering your school’s server software (APS) with the central server. To date we have not received any communication from your system and advise that the software is installed as soon as possible and no later than 2 March 2007 for the summative test window (30 April – 25 May 2007). We strongly recommend that pupils are given the opportunity to take the practice test and use pupil familiarisation material prior to taking the summative test as previous pilots have shown that effective use of these tests has led to higher summative test results.

NB You have approximately 41 term time days (8 term time weeks) left to install the software and 71 term time days (14 term time weeks) left to familiarise your pupils before the start of the test window.
    I have again checked the APS this morning and the test packages were downloaded on the 7th December (just like they were last time I checked). Surely the fact that I have access to the aforementioned familiarisation materials now means that my server is (and always has been) talking to their server?

I'm really quite narked now because QCA/RM send that email to every listed contact at my school so I can now expect a queue of teachers running around my office with their heads on fire asking why haven't done it yet. Advice please?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Before I post in FFS...

Can see why they sent it to every contact but looks like something went wrong somewhere I have pm'd you.

Russell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread