+ Post New Thread
ICT KS3 SATS Tests Thread, Frrezing During Test in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; I am a pupil who has just done the lot. I was not impressed. I could go on with 3 ...

Thank Post

Frrezing During Test

I am a pupil who has just done the lot. I was not impressed. I could go on with 3 pages of critisizing the software but I won't. One thing that did eat my time left to complete the test was that it was temporarily freezing. I would like to know what may have caused this. Yesterday, I had a chat with one of the persons in charge of the pilot within the school. She said is was a test of memory rather than ICT. Having done the test, I would agree.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 753 Posts

Re: Frrezing During Test

what do you want a medal!!!
    I had to build server, install software then push it out to the clients. It then had to be tested. I then built the MSI packages to push out to the clients then show the teachers how to go on with the flight decks, show them how to operate the bloody thing then wipe their backsides while the exams were on whilst all the kids could do was moan bloody moan cos they hadn't got a clue how to follow simple instructions. I saw what the kids had to do and i agree it wasn't really a hard test in any stretch of the imagination but wish you wouldn't be so negative and give us guys some appreciation for having to deal with this crappy software in the first place. Oh and shall i tell you what makes it freeze the fact that the software is memory and cpu unfriendly it eats both as well as bandwidth across the network as i monitored it all.

Don't mean to put you down but don't whine about the software being crap cos you had to use it have a heart eh.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Relax, Boss... it's all over......... for now

We do sympathise with you, 04nunhucks. We wouldn't wish this piece of software (if you can call it that) on anybody, but unfortunately it will become compulsary in 2008 and we will all have to put up with it. By then, it may have gotten slightly better. If you'd like to send feedback to the developers, I think the official path is to your head of ICT (or whoever dealt with the organisation of the ICT pilot) and ask them to forward it on the QCA for you. Whether or not they listen to you is another matter though.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 753 Posts

Do they ever listen to me webman?
    only you my good and faithfull companion has kept me on the paths of rightiousness all these years but we will overcome mark my words we will see our day.

Hic Hic cheers me dears i will have another drink if it kills me hehe

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread