+ Post New Thread
ICT KS3 SATS Tests Thread, all the way in United Kingdom (UK) Specific Forums; just a couple of points - 1. has anyone gone all the way with this? that is, fully installed and ...

Thank Post

Re: KS3 ICT Pilot

just a couple of points -
    1. has anyone gone all the way with this? that is, fully installed and running on all the machines it should? if so, could you give me, and anyone else interested, a rough breakdown of your server/client makeup please (slowest/fastest cpu etc)?
    2. I'm currently in limbo regarding postmaster's erratic behaviour. I was sent some further instructions from second level support last weekend which I carried out and emailed the results back to them. I'm still awaiting a reply, so I haven't moved forward in the past 7 days.

As for the Becta Community site, I would say,
    "Oi! Becta, no! You might be a fully government funded agency which thinks nothing of wallpapering your offices with £50 notes. But think again before luring these innocent young techies onto the rocks of KS3 accreditation with your siren voices!"
    And to all you techies out there (rakes audience with gimlet eye),
    "Strap yourself to the masts, fill your ears with all the spare anti static material you can find. Don't give in to those beguiling voices, those beautiful bodies, for once in their clutches they will not spare you. They will drive you hard, hard I tell you.
    OK 0700. Time for my medication.
    beeswax

Thank Post

LOL.

....£50 note you say?

Thank Post

Deployed = yes, tested under load = no

Server: Dell Poweredge 830 Server 2003 SP1, Dual core P4 3.0ghz 1gb memory 80gb SATA disk. This server is also alternate DC and our print server controlling approx 20 network laser printers.

Clients: 90 PCs, 60x Dell GX60 Celeron 2.4ghz 512mb memory and 20x Dell GX520 P4 2.8ghz 1gb memory. All XP SP2.

I am waiting for ICT Curriculum teaching staff to decide how & when they are going to run familiarisation sessions with students & staff who will supervise tests. I am keeping my distance!

Brian

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information