Hi Guys and Gals,
I'm trying to migrate our PaperCut server to our new print server. The old PaperCut is 8.5 and the new is 11.1.
I'm probably missing something completely obvious but can't seem to get our old system to export our users in a format that the new PaperCut will accept as an import file.
Its expecting TSV and the only option I can find to export is CSV (and PDF or HTML). So I tried exporting as CSV, opening in excel and saving as TSV and then it complains that there's too many fields.
Has anyone successfully exported and then imported to a different server? If so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Try viewing your tsv import file in Notepad, and look at the format - something may have messed up the formatting and it should be easier to spot it.
I would make a full backup (or 2) first.
Then i would upgrade my current install of PaperCut NG to v11.1
I would then export from 11.1 into a fresh install of 11.1 on the new server
PaperCut KB | Migrating PaperCut to a New Server
They add new tables etc into the database in new versions so its always wise to upgrade first before moving.
Brilliant :). Ill follow that KB. Thanks Big_Ted.
Originally Posted by Big_Ted
As long as it lets me use the one license to upgrade the old version and not expect me to buy a new license.
Oh..2 secs do you have the software assurance to upgrade to v11 from 8?
No, we purchased a license for the new server (I think they gave us the upgrade price, I didn't actually do the purchasing of the license file).
But its fine because it gave me a 40 day trial on the old server that allowed it to upgrade, and as it is being "de-commissioned" after its moved it should be fine.
I have now updated the users and balances on the new server :).
Thanks for your help.
Its good to see that sharing printers from 2008R2 to XP clients is nice and easy to do [/Sarcasm].
I had all this fun last month. I had to basically, create a group in AD for LDAP to import papercut users. Add the staff and students to the group. Tell papercut to import users via the security group, imported all users. Extracted all users using papercuts CSV export. cut the spreadsheet down to 4 columns I think it was, user-name, first name, surname and card id. Extract the card id's from SIMS. Download a script which converts .CSV to .TSV formats, run the script, import the tsv file back into papercut telling it to overwrite all existing users etc and hey presto after that pollava one working and provisioned papercut system complete with card ID's. :-D