Internet Explorer 8
Recently i have deployed Ie 8 to my clients. This has now caused issues with Internet blocking.
Ill Explain my setup.
I have a group in AD called internet, if the user is a part of that group then ISA allows internet access, oppositely if they are not part of that group then you are denied access.
In IE 6 this works totally fine. Now that the user is using ie8 i cannot block the internet in this way. (I can if I log the user off and delete the application data) changes will take effect next time the user logs in. I have to follow the same process for allowing internet access. Let's just say that my users are not being denied at present lol.
I can only assume this is some kind of cache issue. Maybe a group policy setting that I have not set. I have imported the ADM template for ie 8 too.
Any help/suggestions would be great.
Also, is anyone else experiencing issues of this nature?
as a temp measure could you not just assign a bogus proxy server address to non internet users?
If you do this make the IP address of the proxy 127.0.0.1
Originally Posted by sted
we also do the same, basically we just add a proxy as localhost or a random address.
what i think IE 8 is doing is automatically finding the ISA Box and is using that.. possibly we find this happens but does not always access every webpage and therefore needing to add the actuall TMG Server.
Wong Proxy will work fine though :)
Difficulty is is that i cannot do this with immediate effect. It would have to go through the log off log on process. I just cannot think why IE8 does not recognise this change. If i delete the app data its fine but this is a nightmare.
I just seem to be going 1 forward 2 back. If anyone is having simular issues can you please let me know and we can try and resolve this issue.
I beleive it is to do with the auto detect proxy settings in internet options, with that turned off it may help
No mate i have just disabled that too.
I think i am going to uninstall ie8. This is the shortest and simplest way.