Import User Profile Information of Enabled User Accounts from Active Directory to SharePoint Portal Server
To import user profile information of user accounts that are enabled in Active Directory to SharePoint Portal Server, follow these steps:
- On the Site Settings page of the portal site, on the User Profile, Audiences, and Personal Sites page, click Manage profile database.
- On the Manage Profile Database page, click Configure profile import.
- On the Configure Profile Import page, in the Source area, click Custom source.
- In the Access Account area, type the user account name and password of the user account that has appropriate permissions to access Active Directory.
- In the Full Import Schedule area, click to select the Schedule full import check box, and then specify the full import schedule that you want.
- In the Incremental Import Schedule area, click to select the Schedule incremental import check box, and then specify the incremental import schedule that you want.
Note If the Schedule incremental import option is not available (appears dimmed), click to select the Import from Active Directory by using the incremental method check box in the Source area.