Price Lists for call outs
Having reviewed my current call out fee's to staff at work, I decided that a total overhall of prices was in order.
I want to send an email saying the following, can anyone else please make a suggestion upon where it can be improved. The primary purpose of the email is to deter staff calling me at stupid hours (anything beyond 6pm is a stupid hour to me!) but also to maintain a decent pricing structure.
I appreciate all help in this matter.
Due to various members of staff calling and texting me out of hours to get me to try to talk them through various technical issues, I have decided that I shall provide this service, but at a cost as it is above and beyond my job remit.
The fees are as follows:
- £25 Call or text fee/Call out fee
- £Job Fees - Depends on type of job, specifics below – First hour charged at full rate regardless if job is completed in 5 mins or 50 mins.
- £Petrol (depending on location, charged at £2 + 20p per mile)
To make sure that everyone understands, there is a minimum of £40 cost to call me out of hours for ANY technical support. All calls will be logged and you will be billed for this service. This is a discounted service as it is 33% below my usual fees for the general public.
Please bear this in mind when calling or texting.
- Email troubleshooting - £15 per hour
- Internet troubleshooting - £15 per hour
- Laptop troubleshooting - £15 per hour
- Driver installations/upgrades (home equipment and work equipment) - £15 per hour
- External Device (USB Sticks, USB Hard drives) troubleshooting - £15 per hour
- Program installations (Must have proof of purchase of item/license of installation for software - especially for school equipment!) - £20 per hour
- Laptop maintenance - £20 per hour
- Laptop tuning (improving performance) - £20 per hour
- Home PC maintenance - £20 per hour + parts (if applicable)
- Home PC tuning (improving performance) - £20 per hour
- Home PC Upgrades - £20 per hour + parts
- Personal Laptop Upgrades - £25 per hour + parts
- Setting up home internet - £25 per hour
- Home PC Restore Disk creation - £30 per hour + parts
- Home PC backups - £30 per hour + parts (if applicable)
- Online PC backups - £30 per hour + £10 per month online storage fee
- Wireless Integration at Home and Work - £35 per hour
- Server Installation - £40 per hour (server and network equipment - such as switches, hubs, routers - not included)
- Windows Operating System installations - £45 per hour (You must have a valid license for Windows if you wish to have it installed)
- Linux Operating System installations - £50 per hour (You must inform me which version of Linux you want installed)
- Complete Home network setup £400 per day + parts
Any other jobs, please ask for a quote.