Sending Messages to/from Parents/Students?
We currently use a system called Simply Click. It allows staff to send messages to students/parents, as well as students -> staff and parents ->staff. It's also a sort of portal, with the school calendar, etc. We're less than happy with it due to the number of outages it seems to suffer, as well as it being rather buggy and a bit on the expensive side.
So we're looking for something better...
This is the sort of thing it's used for:
- Parents reporting absent students.
- Admin team sending out the PDF school newsletter.
- General announcements to all parents/students or sub groups (All year 9 parents for example)
- Individual student-teacher communication (questions about coursework, deadlines, etc)
- Students using it to transfer work home.
- Other individual parent<->staff messaging.
- Creation of private groups to allow staff to create say, "10R Chemistry" to send messages just to students of one class
It allows us to restrict who can send to which group (students can't send messages to parents for example).
I've looked at parentmail, but it seems to only be one way (school -> home). With email alone there's the issue of tracking 800ish parental email addresses. The messaging bit is the thing we're struggling to find at the moment. The portal functions would probably fit onto a CMS like joomla/drupal.
Any suggestions of products/services?
Thanks in advance,