Best Practices: LDAP/Active Directory and Account Provisioning
I am just wondering seeing the different ways schools have their directory servers setup. What exactly does your directory schema look like and how are the groups and organizational units setup for your different schools.
- How do you organize members in different schools?
- What groups do you have setup for students, teachers, parents, administrators, etc.?
- How do you manage large amounts of student accounts moving from one school or grade to another? Also, how do you handle student accounts who have graduated?
- What LDAP system do you use (Microsoft Active Directory, Novell eDirectory, OpenLDAP, etc.)?
- Anything else interesting you do that works well?
If you have some good experience and could answer one or more of the questions, that would be greatly appreciated. It would be helpful to me, and I'm sure others would find it useful. Thanks much!