+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Any Technicians or Network Managers working in Rochdale over the summer? in Technical; Hi guys, Not sure if this is the right location so mods please feel free to move if appropriate. I ...

Thank Post

Any Technicians or Network Managers working in Rochdale over the summer?

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right location so mods please feel free to move if appropriate.

I was after some help.

I have spent the last few years working in Oldham, Manchester and Tameside supporting Primary Schools. One of the Head Teachers of a school that I work at was recently appointed Head Teacher at a school in Rochdale. His existing ICT Technician has resigned and he has asked me if I would be interested in working in Rochdale for half a day a week.

I have been to visit the school and I was surprised by the level of control the local authority seem to have; schools in other areas seem so much more autonomous. I have to prove to him that I can work within the umbrella of Rochdale LA before we can proceed in September. I have tried to get in touch with the person in charge of the Educational Support team to try to get some information but no reply yet - I assume he is on holiday.

What I was wondering (and its a big ask!) if any Technician or Network Manager in a Rochdale school would be willing for me to go in and visit them and have a chat to see how things generally work in Rochdale schools for the technical support on a day to day basis. I need to understand how internet access through the proxy works, the nature of the shared domain and general tips. The summer holidays I know do make this difficult which is why I am posting this request on this forum.

If anyone is able to help I would be most grateful.

Please send me a PM and I will be sure to get back in touch.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Im in Rochdale and work in a High School. I assume you will be working in a primary? In Rochdale High Schools have loads of freedom compared to allot of other hgih schools in other LEAs. The vast majority of high schools do as they please pretty much. Primary schools are allot more restricted.

3. Thanks to FN-GM from:

CM786 (23rd July 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the information. Yes it is a Primary School and you say; they are much tighter restricted. This is why I am after a chat with with one in a primary school to understand the day to day issues.

I know its a bad time with the summer holidays however which is why I have tried on here! lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You might struggle, allot of the primaries dont have techies. PM me and you can talk to me. What school is it?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread