+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Helpdesk troubleshooting generator?? in Technical; Hello, all.. Hopefully I'll explain what I'm looking for here I'm looking at trying to come up with some step-by-step ...

Thank Post

Helpdesk troubleshooting generator??

Hello, all..

Hopefully I'll explain what I'm looking for here

I'm looking at trying to come up with some step-by-step troubleshooting pages that will guide the user through assorted things to try, based on their yes/no response..

If you think of it like a flowchart, but instead of it being a diagram it's an individual page for each section...

Does anyone know if there's some software out there which would make it a bit easier to create? I mean, other than creating each webpage individually myself

Cheers,
    Gerard

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There are a number of these around and are based on branching questions. You may already be able to do this via your VLE (SCORM compliant systems will do this for you and it can be good practice for creating other resources including training materials) and many helpdesk systems will include it.

If you can make it down to Infosecurity Europe 2012 - Europe's No.1 Information Security Event you can also get into servicedeskshow.com which will have many vendors offering a variety of solutions. If you also have a look at the exhibitors listed then it will give you a good place to start.

IIRC the following have self-support functionality

Richmond Systems
    OPSmartDesk
    SiteHelpDesk
    WebHelpDesk
    LanDesk

and there are no doubt many more ... but there might also be a simpler way of doing it and that is via a Wiki.

If you spend a bit of time working out the various branches and start building each question (with appropriate images) onto a wiki page ... all you need to do is make it read only for most users and away you go. The concept behind branching questions are the same and you can re-use questions / pages as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread