+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Google Apps sync with Active Directory? in Technical; We have a Google Apps domain and a Active Directory domain Been asked to look into making them link together ...

Thank Post

Google Apps sync with Active Directory?

We have a Google Apps domain and a Active Directory domain

Been asked to look into making them link together in some way so a person can login to Active Directory, then when they visit Google they're automatically signed in.

Any ideas or has anyone done this? The ability to keep passwords in sync too would be incredibly useful!

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We were looking into this over a year ago. We didn't get very far as SLT decided to stay with Exchange for staff and move to Office365 for students.

The only thing I do remember is that we spoke about creating an RODC [Read-Only Domain Controller]

Link: Read-Only Domain Controllers (RODC) Step-by-Step Guide

We planned to use this in conjunction with SLDAP [Secure Lightweight Directory Access Protocol]

As I said we didn't get far into the planning stages for this so I am not sure if this was the route to take. It was only the start of the conversation when working toward a solution. Maybe others can comment with more detail. In fact I would also be interested to hear if this was indeed the right approach [or if it makes any sense at all!]

Thank Post
    There is a 'free way' that you can do - Achieving Single Sign-on with Google Apps and Shibboleth 2.0 - Google Apps APIs - Google Code
    There are also a number of commercial products available, which are probably easier and better e.g. Hapara – Google Enterprise Solutions they also do a very nice looking product called teacher's dashboard, that lets the teacher see the email inboxes for their students and automatically be shared to documents relating to their classes. The SSO is 1USD per user per year.

Thank Post
    Thanks, I'll look into that Hapara stuff as if it works as simple as it claims I'm sure the $1 per user hit can be taken by the powers that be!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread