+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Visitor and staff management-inventry in Technical; Not sure this is the right category but I thought I would share my thoughts on our new visitor and ...

Thank Post

Visitor and staff management-inventry

Not sure this is the right category but I thought I would share my thoughts on our new visitor and staff management system.

So this week we finally puchased and implemented inventry.
    No more paper signing out, all digitally recorded and backed up in a secure cloud accessable from anywhere in the world over the web or iPad application.

Inventry can also be used for students too but at this stage we are not using it.
    Early days yet but already It's been life changing for our receptionist. No hassle they just use the friendly interface of invetry to input their names etc, smile for a photo and off their identity badge prints.
    There is a little work at the start to import all staff VIA csv and you can also import any regular visitor info including crb information.
    It gets better. No more problems for the receptionist ringing every extension in school until they locate you, if the visitor is here to see you you are sent an email or sms (costs apply) with visitor name and picture letting you know they waiting in reception.

We have chosen to print out own I'd badges internally too through inventry, straight onto our door access cards with a. Option to have it done they them too.

I would definatley recommend it, its awesome. It's not overly expensive. We added a couple of add ons like an extra staff swipe point in another location and the printer to print our I'd badges.

The developers are extremely friendly and are happy to answer any questions.

Most importantly.... Ofsted love it.. it ticks all the safeguarding boxes.

Check it out..

2. Thanks to Liam from:

SwedishChef (16th July 2012)

Thank Post
    liam

do you know of anyone who is monitoring their 6 formers through this system. and if so do they use cards with bar codes on them

Thank Post
    I'm looking at this Liam. Any chance you could pm me with info on costings?

Knightrider

Thank Post
    We use Inventry on 2 sites to sign in visitors and staff that have forgotten their swipe.

It has it's issues but they do seem to respond when we have queries and it seems they are activly developing it.

Our 6Fm swipe in on the main door access system and the get counted on that fire register, the visitors come from Inventry which copies to a supplied Dell Axim ( don't think they do it that way now ).

We don't use it for much other than the fire register and visitor car reg details.

The one at our sister site also has a barcode scanner so the sign out process is easier.

Rob

Thank Post
    inVentry

Make sure it does exactly what you need before commitng to it.

TT

Thank Post
    We sent a member of staff to the BankField school, who had this system, they said it was amazing. I'm going to contact them and check it out. Liam, I'd be interested in costing as well if you can pm them to me

Thank Post
    Anyone who is getting this system installed be aware of the hidden cost of the system. We use this with staff and 6 form students, we have our own badges and they supply the barcodes at an Extortionate cost. We have had no end of problems with it PM me and i will give you an honest run down of the system and the problems that we have had.

Thank Post
    Check this one out for getting stuffed by this company what a joke they upgraded it remotely last week then sent this email today its just another income generating strategy and we are only 15min down the road from them never told us that when we bought it that upgrades would cost.

Unfortunately due to your LEA internet restrictions we are unable to do this upgrade remotely and so have two special price options for an on-site engineer visit -

1. £75 for an on-site update to inVentry 2.1.
    2. £100 as above, but with a staff training session also.

These prices are offered on the basis that upon arrival the engineer would be given full access to your inVentry system for approximately 30 minutes.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy42 View Post
    Unfortunately due to your LEA internet restrictions we are unable to do this upgrade remotely and so have two special price options for an on-site engineer visit -

1. £75 for an on-site update to inVentry 2.1.
    2. £100 as above, but with a staff training session also.
    I would argue this with them.. Unless your system has changed since they sold it to you they should have realised that this would be a problem and informed you about the charges beforehand.

Thank Post
    Hi,

I see that this has been around for some time so the question would be, Are you happy with the program of your choice? Do you think is it worth to go the hustle and persuade the management to buy one. Which I am trying to do these days .

Thank Post
    Very, not just me but our admin team too. Their workload is far less and they are more organised.
    We have opted for the students module now too. Works well.

Thank Post
    I suppose I should upgrade my thread on this subject. After all the problems we have had with the system it has came into its own after Ofsted gave it high marks in our Ofsted inspection for safe guarding. don't get me wrong we are still having problems like having to chase the company for upgrades but apart from that. I would recommend the product whole heartily. Their are now two company's selling the same product one is InVentry and the other CDCE so you may be able to get a better deal

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread