+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Backup software in Technical; Looking for some advice on a new back up solution we have 1 server with a 300gb hdd using about ...

Thank Post

Backup software

Looking for some advice on a new back up solution we have 1 server with a 300gb hdd using about 189gb roughly. We have a 2TB NAS box that we use to back up the student and staff work.
    However I would like to be able to take a back up of the full server (is it a bare metal restore). So what I want to be able to do in the long run, is if the worst case senario happens and the server goes pop, we could buy a new one and restore it with the image of the old one if that makes sence. So I dont have to install 2008 R2 and Ranger and set up all the group policies etc.

I am happy with backing up the work just don't know how you'd go about doing the server bit. I have seen Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Server for Windows for 410 but that seams a bit dear?

TIA

Thank Post
    Hi,

I've used Acronis Snap Deploy 3 for Servers to take an image of the servers and back this up on an external HDD. You can boot to CD, and create the image of the server. It's roughly around 30-45 for 1 license.

The license is for the software itself whether its an EXE or a bootable media. If that's something you want to look further, check out the Acronis websire if you've registered with them.

Hope this helps.
    Mo

Quote Originally Posted by MattDLEA View Post
    Looking for some advice on a new back up solution we have 1 server with a 300gb hdd using about 189gb roughly. We have a 2TB NAS box that we use to back up the student and staff work.
    However I would like to be able to take a back up of the full server (is it a bare metal restore). So what I want to be able to do in the long run, is if the worst case senario happens and the server goes pop, we could buy a new one and restore it with the image of the old one if that makes sence. So I dont have to install 2008 R2 and Ranger and set up all the group policies etc.

I am happy with backing up the work just don't know how you'd go about doing the server bit. I have seen Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Server for Windows for 410 but that seams a bit dear?

TIA

Thank Post
    Going to revive this thread is there any acronis reseller/partners on here?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread