+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Setting up a Curriculum Folder Structure for Programmes's Similar to RM CC3 Network in Technical; Hi, Currently playing about with a Test Lab to look at setting up a new Vanilla network and moving away ...

Thank Post

Setting up a Curriculum Folder Structure for Programmes's Similar to RM CC3 Network

Hi,

Currently playing about with a Test Lab to look at setting up a new Vanilla network and moving away from RM CC3. I have my new Test Lab up and running Server end 2008r2 and the clients 7 pro. So far I have not had too many problems with AD & my GPO's for Staff & Students. I am now a little bit stuck!! I would like to achieve a reasonably similar look for my staff and students that I have on CC3 when launching software at the client end ie start>all programs> followed by a folder for departmental programme's e.g. start> all programs > English > core programs >geography etc etc. Obviously, I would then have to have the appropriate short-cuts located within their respective folders.

Any pointers would help please in achieving this. Is it Folder Redirection, a Script, GPO ? or something I am missing?? Is it achievable?? not sure how to attack this one!!

Cheers in advance

Thank Post
    Folder re-direction is the way to go: Folder Redirection Overview

HBJB

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    I currently do that by Folder Redirection on the Start Menu i.e. Everybody, staff only etc. and Just deny students security permission from the Staff Only folder.

From experience It is best not to share with full permissions as I found and just make it Read Share. If you give it full permissions on the share you may find the start menu changing when you install software on a workstation as an admin.

Another thing I found was that I had to put a Zone assignment link into IE policy to stop the security warning coming up when clicking on the shortcut.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread