+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, Professional Advice Service? in Technical; Personally I would avoid paying for "the answers to questions". Most of the time, if you can't find the answer ...

Thank Post
    Personally I would avoid paying for "the answers to questions". Most of the time, if you can't find the answer to your question, you're asking the wrong question. Folks on here are usually good at pointing that out. Likewise I second the recommendation for serverfault.

As others have said - get someone in (a fellow Edugeeker perhaps, payment in beer/biscuits/lunch etc) to show you the ropes on stuff you're really undfamiliar with - that can also lead to "knowing what questions to ask".

If you are going to pay, at least make it for a (half?)day's consultancy, on a specific topic, preferably from someone you know knows, IYSWIM. We have the occasional smoothwall customer ring and ask for such a thing when they arrive at a new school, and we can usually oblige.

Thank Post
    Don't be put off by this site being free for the end user, I often get answers on here of a better quality and quicker than any other method. We all have gaps in our knowledge and are on a continual learning curve, that's what I and most other techies love about the job
    Roll up your sleeves, get stuck in. It would help if you gave us and idea of areas you are struggling with and we can guide you in the right direction, either on here or recommending the right companies/person to speak to.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12