+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, DVD Duplication in Technical; I have been asked to burn 80 DVD's of videos and photos from Summer Camp. I do not have a ...
    Thank Post

DVD Duplication

I have been asked to burn 80 DVD's of videos and photos from Summer Camp. I do not have a dedicated DVD duplicator but I can throw a PC's together with 5 DVD burners in it. Is there any software out there that will make it act like a DVD duplicator, so I just have to swap the discs when it ejects them and it will do the rest.

Thanks
    Daniel

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrevez View Post
    I have been asked to burn 80 DVD's of videos and photos from Summer Camp. I do not have a dedicated DVD duplicator but I can throw a PC's together with 5 DVD burners in it. Is there any software out there that will make it act like a DVD duplicator, so I just have to swap the discs when it ejects them and it will do the rest.

Thanks
    Daniel
    Nero's pro / enterprise license used to allow you to burn multiple copies using multiple burners, but it was with a paid for pro or even enterprise version not the OEM copy you got with the drives.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    is this a vampire thread from 1998? What's wrong with putting it on your VLE, with a password for parents?
    Burning 80 dvd's sounds like a crazy way of distributing video.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,000 Posts
    ImgBurn should do the trick if you open five separate instances of the program where each one burns sixteen discs. To automate the process, try the following in a batch file (change drive letters and paths if required).

Code:
    @echo off
    Set BurnDir=%ProgramFiles%\ImgBurn

Start "" "%BurnDir%\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE WRITE /SRC "C:\SummerCampDVD.iso" /DEST V: /COPIES 16 /SPEED MAX /VERIFY NO /EJECT YES /START /CLOSESUCCESS /WAITFORMEDIA
    Start "" "%BurnDir%\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE WRITE /SRC "C:\SummerCampDVD.iso" /DEST W: /COPIES 16 /SPEED MAX /VERIFY NO /EJECT YES /START /CLOSESUCCESS /WAITFORMEDIA
    Start "" "%BurnDir%\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE WRITE /SRC "C:\SummerCampDVD.iso" /DEST X: /COPIES 16 /SPEED MAX /VERIFY NO /EJECT YES /START /CLOSESUCCESS /WAITFORMEDIA
    Start "" "%BurnDir%\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE WRITE /SRC "C:\SummerCampDVD.iso" /DEST Y: /COPIES 16 /SPEED MAX /VERIFY NO /EJECT YES /START /CLOSESUCCESS /WAITFORMEDIA
    Start "" "%BurnDir%\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE WRITE /SRC "C:\SummerCampDVD.iso" /DEST Z: /COPIES 16 /SPEED MAX /VERIFY NO /EJECT YES /START /CLOSESUCCESS /WAITFORMEDIA
    I like CyberNerd's suggestion. It's far easier.

5. 2 Thanks to Arthur:

mac_shinobi (2nd December 2011), Torrevez (2nd December 2011)

Thank Post
    If we had a VLE a would certainly upload it there. As it stands at the moment we don't, it may be somthing we look into introducing next year.

Thanks for the help guys, imgburn looks like the best option for now.

Thank Post
    When I had to duplicate and print 300 CD's I just got an AV company to do it for me. They have the equipment to do it all very quickly and it wasn't too expensive either .

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread