+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, Software to create screensavers in Technical; Don't forget if you change the logon.scr file it will be replaced by windows automatically as its a protected system ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Don't forget if you change the logon.scr file it will be replaced by windows automatically as its a protected system file. If you want to change the logon screensaver from the XP logon that bounces with something else, just edit the registry to point to a new file which is what I do and it works fine.

I have a GPO which copy's a wallpaper and screensaver file to the workstation and amends the registry for both and its a startup script so I can change them and it just re-copys them and looks rather nice and corporate and works well

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Don't forget if you change the logon.scr file it will be replaced by windows automatically as its a protected system file. If you want to change the logon screensaver from the XP logon that bounces with something else, just edit the registry to point to a new file which is what I do and it works fine.

I have a GPO which copy's a wallpaper and screensaver file to the workstation and amends the registry for both and its a startup script so I can change them and it just re-copys them and looks rather nice and corporate and works well

Can i get a look at that GPO please?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    The GPO is a startup script that I have written that is just two xcopys one to copy the wallpaper and the other the screen saver from a shared folder on the network to the local machines C drives, and then it merged the following registry set into it.

(rename to .reg the attachment and that will work - look inside the file and I have commented a few bits IN BLOCK CAPITALS to help you out )
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Thanks to john from:

pagelad (12th February 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12