+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Issues with Impact and IDManager - First time thread from a newbie so please forgive in Technical; First things first - I'm not a tech guy, I'm a humble receptionist, but it has fallen on me to ...

Thank Post

Issues with Impact and IDManager - First time thread from a newbie so please forgive

First things first - I'm not a tech guy, I'm a humble receptionist, but it has fallen on me to try and sort the issues we're having with Impact and IDManager. A google search has led me to this forum, and I'm hoping that my inexperience with the more hardcore computer stuff will be forgiven.

What there seems to be is a complete lack of communication between IDManager and Impact. For example, ticking someone for Free School Meals in IDManager doesn't bleed through to Impact, which is causing issues in the cafeteria since the child in question doesn't come up as entitled to FSM down there.

We're also having issues with registering temporary cards, or any new cards for that matter, to accounts. I would always just do it through IDManager and had no issues until recently. Basically what happens is that I can still scan in and register a card to an account, but it will never be picked up as registered to the tills or revalue machines. I'm assuming this is linked to the communication error between IDManager and Impact but obviously I could be very wrong.

If you need more information, just ask (= Sorry for the very basic language but as I say, this is really not my area of expertise.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    Putting out a call to some of the guys in this thread who may be able to help you!

Hopefully @glennda , @36Degrees , @howartp or @rh91uk are about

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    On you cunninghams server normally in canteen on the desktop you should have something called update impact. run this and it will update impact manually from Idmanager. But sounds like the service is not running to automatically update things for you.

Give the Cunninghams Technicians 01564 829999 a call and they should dial in a fix

Thank Post
    Do you not have a company that supports this system?

I assume you can login to IDManager on the till? I'd double check the connectivity from the till to the machine with IDManager on it and vice versa. Do you have an IT guy on site? If so then they should be able to do this for you.

Thank Post
    Cataclismic - I have the answer for you (I think!) and it is in terms of the BioStoreUpdate.exe on the server. What server are you running? (2008? 2003?). You need to tell your IT guy to add a scheduled task for it.

For instance, the location of our file is "D:\Cashless Catering\Impact\BioStoreUpdate.exe" and the argument is "/C". This file runs every hour which updates our biostore and impact etc.

Give me a PM if you need some help

6. Thanks to rh91uk from:

Mr_Andy (29th February 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Hopefully @glennda , @36Degrees , @howartp or @rh91uk are about
    I'm here now, albeit a touch late - however unfortunatey although we have Impact and BioStore, we don't have IDManager so I can't be of help on this occasion.

Sorry!

Peter

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rh91uk View Post
    Cataclismic - I have the answer for you (I think!) and it is in terms of the BioStoreUpdate.exe on the server. What server are you running? (2008? 2003?). You need to tell your IT guy to add a scheduled task for it.

For instance, the location of our file is "D:\Cashless Catering\Impact\BioStoreUpdate.exe" and the argument is "/C". This file runs every hour which updates our biostore and impact etc.

Give me a PM if you need some help
    This may be long dead but just verifying the above tip works a treat. Had to sort out the same thing as manually running bioupdate was becoming tedious - that /C switch is just what I needed to know. For some reason Cunninghams seemed incapable of getting the task to work themselves.
    They also wanted to charge call out for installing ID Manager on additional machines when it was all a simple MSI and pointing to the licenses.

Thank Post
    Not sure whether to bump this or start a fresh thread, but :

Does anyone know the switches involved to automate exportphotos.exe (preferably with year groups checked)? I can't find any materials about it online whatsoever..

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Andy View Post
    Does anyone know the switches involved to automate exportphotos.exe (preferably with year groups checked)? I can't find any materials about it online whatsoever.
    Which exportphotos.exe is this, and from which application/vendor?

Peter

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howartp View Post
    Which exportphotos.exe is this, and from which application/vendor?

Peter
    Swift reply!

It's '\Cashless Catering\Impact\Data\exportphotos.exe', drags the pics from (I presume) Impact which have in turn been synced from ID Manager. It's a Cunninghams setup.

Thank Post
    Swift reply!

It's '\Cashless Catering\Impact\Data\exportphotos.exe', drags the pics from (I presume) Impact which have in turn been synced from ID Manager. It's a Cunninghams setup.
    Ah, so it is - I have Cunninghams but I hadn't come across that .exe before.

I had a quick look at our scheduled tasks on the bio server and it runs:

Code:
    C:\Impact\SimsV4\ImpactSIMSProcessor.exe "Student Photos"
    to get the photos - there's no tasks for exportphotos anywhere I can see.

I've done a search for "photo" in the Impact folder which shows a readme but that implies to me that you run it manually as a GUI - not every application has a command line interface so it's possible you can't run it on the command line as you presumably want to?

Thinking outside of the box, have you seen this app which might be useful to you depending on your project?

Peter

Thank Post
    Wow.. they like messing about don't they, Cunninghams? All installs seem to be different.

There was talk of Impact syncing with SIMS but like so many things it never came to fruition. We've been using exportphotos.exe -which is a GUI yes, very similar to biostoreupdate.exe - and copying to a staff area which is then incorporated into SIMS, so Impact is the source of photos rather than SIMS.. Seems your app is for someone with the reverse to my problem, typically

Thanks so far though!

Thank Post
    @Mr_Andy - can't believe I missed this one! We are all syncing with sims here, using groupcall jobs? Do you not have these set up or am I completely missing the point?

Thank Post

Lightbulb

Hi.

This is my first post here so I hope this is OK, if not feel free to ignore. I work in the dev team for Impact and thought I would help with some of the issues noted below.

Quote Originally Posted by howartp View Post
    ...I had a quick look at our scheduled tasks on the bio server and it runs:

Code:
    C:\Impact\SimsV4\ImpactSIMSProcessor.exe "Student Photos"
    to get the photos - there's no tasks for exportphotos anywhere I can see....
    This task exports any new or updated photos from SIMS to Impact for a non-Biostore school.

Swift reply!

The ExportPhotos program is a quick utility to get photos out of Impact and save them as files. It doesn't run as a command line program but if there was demand for this as an option when it could be added.

Many thanks.

Chris

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMoore View Post
    Hi.

This is my first post here so I hope this is OK, if not feel free to ignore. I work in the dev team for Impact and thought I would help with some of the issues noted below.

This task exports any new or updated photos from SIMS to Impact for a non-Biostore school.

The ExportPhotos program is a quick utility to get photos out of Impact and save them as files. It doesn't run as a command line program but if there was demand for this as an option when it could be added.

Many thanks.

Chris
    Welcome Chris.

How do you define a Biostore school - we are Biostore yet we use that method which you say is for non-Biostore schools?

Peter

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast