+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, Issues with Impact and IDManager - First time thread from a newbie so please forgive in Technical; Originally Posted by howartp Welcome Chris. How do you define a Biostore school - we are Biostore yet we use ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howartp View Post
    Welcome Chris.

How do you define a Biostore school - we are Biostore yet we use that method which you say is for non-Biostore schools?

Peter
    Hi Peter,

Do you use Biometric ID for the cashless system ?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMoore View Post
    Hi Peter,

Do you use Biometric ID for the cashless system ?

Thanks.
    Yes.

Peter

Thank Post
    That is interesting then

What is your data flow - MIS->Bio->Impact ?

Thank Post
    That is interesting then

What is your data flow - MIS->Bio->Impact ?
    I'm not aware Bio gets to know about our MIS data other than somehow knowing that [My_Fingerprint]=[My_Person_ID] - AFAIK all that happens is ImpactSIMSProcessor runs nightly pulling in Staff and Students, plus Photos at the weekend.

Peter

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howartp View Post
    I'm not aware Bio gets to know about our MIS data other than somehow knowing that [My_Fingerprint]=[My_Person_ID] - AFAIK all that happens is ImpactSIMSProcessor runs nightly pulling in Staff and Students, plus Photos at the weekend.

Peter
    Aha - The BioStore / Non-Bio relates to who is the source of data to Impact, ID Manager or something else. You are running a BioStore 1 link (another wrinkle )which is why you are using the non-BioStore link software. Your data flow would be

MIS -> Our Link (ImpactSIMSProcessor) -> Impact -> Bio

A BioStore 2 link is driven by ID Manager, so the flow would be

MIS -> MIS Link (GroupCall or our own) -> ID Manager -> BioStoreUpdate -> Impact

We try and fit in with however the site wants to work, which is why we can have quite a few variations . Hope this helps, any more questions let me know.

Cheers

6. Thanks to ChrisMoore from:

Mr_Andy (19th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Aha - The BioStore / Non-Bio relates to who is the source of data to Impact, ID Manager or something else. You are running a BioStore 1 link (another wrinkle )which is why you are using the non-BioStore link software. Your data flow would be

MIS -> Our Link (ImpactSIMSProcessor) -> Impact -> Bio

A BioStore 2 link is driven by ID Manager, so the flow would be

MIS -> MIS Link (GroupCall or our own) -> ID Manager -> BioStoreUpdate -> Impact

We try and fit in with however the site wants to work, which is why we can have quite a few variations . Hope this helps, any more questions let me know.

Cheers
    Ah - I wasn't in charge when it went in so that's why I didn't know exactly.

Cheers

Peter

Thank Post
    Hi @ChrisMoore - apologies for the delay in response, the notification was lost in the mass of unread mail post-holiday.

I've been looking around at our setup and asked the office staff a few questions. It seems our system is completely independent of SIMS. Staff manually add the students into ID Manager, then bioupdate into Impact. The photos are then exported from Impact to use in SIMS.. seems like we're a bit backwards here and doing things manually which shouldn't have to be done.

ID Manager -> BioStoreUpdate -> Impact -> SIMS

What exactly would need to be done to sync the data and photograph from SIMS into ID Manager? I've seen Groupcall knocking around, but what is the recommended approach?

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Andy View Post
    Hi @ChrisMoore - apologies for the delay in response, the notification was lost in the mass of unread mail post-holiday.

I've been looking around at our setup and asked the office staff a few questions. It seems our system is completely independent of SIMS. Staff manually add the students into ID Manager, then bioupdate into Impact. The photos are then exported from Impact to use in SIMS.. seems like we're a bit backwards here and doing things manually which shouldn't have to be done.

What exactly would need to be done to sync the data and photograph from SIMS into ID Manager? I've seen Groupcall knocking around, but what is the recommended approach?

Thanks!
    You need to have Groupcall exporter to export the data from sims - then store locally on the sims server and have ID gateway collect the data and feed through to IDmanger which then feeds into Impact! Best bet is talk with cunninghams (if thats who you got it from) as they will need to setup the groupcall and id gateway stuff.

10. 2 Thanks to glennda:

ChrisMoore (19th June 2012), Mr_Andy (19th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Andy View Post

Thanks!
    Hi,

Glennda has it right. Cunninghams use the GroupCall exporter to feed BioStore which then feeds Impact and other applications with account details and photographs if you need them. We use GroupCall or our own exporter for the first part. So the flow would be

SIMS -> Exporter -> BioStore ->Impact (and other systems if required)

This way you manage all data via SIMS and you have a single repository of data. From SIMS we can extract students, staff and pre-starts (for visits) - staff and students have the option of photographs as well.

If you contact Cunninghams and tell them you want a BioMetric link from SIMS they should be able to set this up for you - I may get involved myself if there is any data syncing to be done as part of the setup

Cheers

Chris

12. Thanks to ChrisMoore from:

Mr_Andy (19th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Brilliant - that sounds like how it should've been done in the first place.
    Thanks for your help all, really appreciate it.

I'll get on to Cunninghams then!

Cheers

Thank Post
    No problem - the only thing to be careful of is where you are linking SIMS to ID Manager to make sure the linking IDs are populated on both sides correctly. Not a major issue just something to be aware of.

Good luck.

Thank Post
    Could I please point any existing Cunninghams customers in the direction of my new thread?

Cheers,

Peter

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12