+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Multiple Live@edu queries... in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Multiple Live@edu queries...

Hi guys,

We have recently opted for Live@edu. So far, it looks great. We are looking to move from the truly awful, RM easy mail.

We have purchased a new domain name, and now have the two email systems running along side one and other. This has given me plenty of time to familiarise myself with the interface and features.

As my experience is predominantly an in-house exchange server, I thought it would be sensible to pay SWGFL the £800 migration and support contract. So far, I'm yet to determine what exactly they have done for us, other than register the domain name. I have yet to receive a single answer whatsoever to several basic questions (including what we get for our money!).

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to add group membership information to the csv file to bulk create users? We are creating 2000 users, and want to add them to a students security group (or distribution group). This way we can control the rules, such as disabling outbound emails.

How do you turn off features, such as blocking a sender? We want to be able to disable things like this for students.

How will we migrate all old emails and contacts from the RMeasymail accounts to the new live@edu account, with different domain name?

Many thanks in advance,

Thank Post
    Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to add group membership information to the csv file to bulk create users? We are creating 2000 users, and want to add them to a students security group (or distribution group). This way we can control the rules, such as disabling outbound emails.
    You can add all sorts of information through the CSV file which you can then use to create Dynamic Distribution lists via Powershell. For example, we use the department to be either staff or student and then can set up a DDG which says if they are a member of "staff" in the department then they are on "staff" DG.

How do you turn off features, such as blocking a sender? We want to be able to disable things like this for students.
    Yep, fairly easy. You can both blacklist and white list users either through the GUI which is really straight forward or to get more complicated through Powershell.

How will we migrate all old emails and contacts from the RMeasymail accounts to the new live@edu account, with different domain name?Pretty sure enabling Mapi will allow this, or if you can't do that from your old system then good old pop will do the job to a fashion.

Good luck

3. Thanks to Tricky_Dicky from:

Gardinho (3rd October 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I know we can add certain different requirements to the csv, but not group membership. Does this have to be via powershell?

Where abouts do you control blacklists and whitelists in the gui?
    Last edited by Gardinho; 3rd October 2011 at 04:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgardner View Post
    Where abouts do you control blacklists and whitelists in the gui?
    In the admin control panel, which I think is in admin.live.com

6. Thanks to nadeem from:

Gardinho (3rd October 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread