+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, One Or Zero (again) in Technical; I know there are a few topics on OOZ but I can't find anything relevant (or I'm just stupid!) I've ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

One Or Zero (again)

I know there are a few topics on OOZ but I can't find anything relevant (or I'm just stupid!)

I've set up the helpdesk fine, told it to use the Teachers OU in the directory and thats fine, anybody in that OU can log in as a user and its all fine and dandy. If I move my account, which is domain admin/administrator account into that OU and log in, I'm also a normal user.
    How do I assign users in AD to be task manager/admins on OOZ?

What we want is all staff to have a login to report probs (working) and one login for us techies (done) that is an administrator (the problem) of OOZ.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Ta

Mike

Thank Post

Re: One Or Zero (again)

I think i managed to botch this up when i setup LDAP with OOZ, Let me get a few things clear first so that i know what we're trying to do.

You had a working administrator account, but alas no more, since you setup LDAP, yes? In that case, i think you need to have a fiddle with the users table in the mysql database, (just bind to it with the mysql client) and change your techie user to an administrator.

(Don't think this bit applies) If you have a working admin account, you can go to control panel, and give other users admin accounts from there.

Matt

Edit: I may have gone completely over the top above having mis(read/understood). What i think you need to do is,
    1) login as your techie user so that you can see them in the users control panel.
    2) login as admin and go to the control panel
    3) go to user options, search for the user, and change level to Administrator

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I set it up with mysql, created a staff generic login to test, and my login, all worked fine.
    I then changed to LDAP mode, so that means the generic staff account and the one i created wont work as its in sql db not AD.
    I can now log in as any person in the AD but all have the same privileges, they are all just users not admins.
    i just want to elevate my network account to task manager/admin status in one or zero. do i have to change back to sql and set my network account as admin or not?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Ahh think I cracked it. If I log in using my AD name, then change the database back to sql and log in, i can see my name listed and change myself to admin, then change back to AD. seems to work ok.
    thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Thank Post

Aah, so i was right in the first place then.
    I did indeed then suffer the same difficulties as you, but went about fixing it in a different way.
    For future reference the way that i solved the problem was to connect to the mysql database, and update the 'admin' field for the relevent user from 0 to 1.

Matt

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information