+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Live Edu Disable Signatures in Technical; Hi All, Its Friday At Last! We are looking to deploy Live Edu for septmber for our staff, and our ...

Thank Post

Cool Live Edu Disable Signatures

Hi All,

Its Friday At Last!

We are looking to deploy Live Edu for septmber for our staff, and our SLT want signtures at the end of everyones email.

I Have set the signatures up but the only problem is the staff can change them is there anyway I can disable the signtures and only allow us to access this panel if ever needed.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Liam

Thank Post
    Is this a universal disclaimer by any chance (if so look at this thread)?

If it's some kind of genuine signature format with everyone's names in the same place, then just like those pesky disclaimers you make a transport rule to put it there.. you can put variables/placeholders in your standard text and they'll be replaced by actual names, departments or whatever. You can do this in powershell or the ECP (go to the Mail Control tab, there's clickable context relevant help).

I'm sure I saw the ability to turn off users making signatures in the OWA UI somewhere, but it's probably a (powershell) Set-OWAMailboxPolicy thing.
    Last edited by PiqueABoo; 17th June 2011 at 08:09 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,939 Posts
    One way might be to create a new transport rule which adds the disclaimer to outbound e-mails only. The following PowerShell command is for Exchange 2010, but should work for Live@edu too.

Code:
    New-TransportRule -Identity 'Company Disclaimer' -Name 'Company Disclaimer' -Comments 'This transport rule applies the approved company disclaimer to every outgoing message' –Priority '0' -Enabled $true -SentToScope 'NotInOrganization' -ApplyHtmlDisclaimerLocation 'Append' -ApplyHtmlDisclaimerText
    '<br/><hr><font face="Tahoma" size="1"; color:#000000>This is my disclaimer message, blah blah blah</font>' -ApplyHtmlDisclaimerFallbackAction 'Wrap' -ExceptIfSubjectOrBodyContainsWords "This is my disclaimer message"

Thank Post
    That's almost what I'd do (what are "comments" for?), but I think it makes more sense for folk starting out to use the ECP - someone put a basic recipe for this in that disclaimer thread.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread