+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Central School Calendar - Maybe Using Live@EDu in Technical; Hi Everyone. We have just moved 2000 users to Live@EDU and a question I am being asked a lot is ...

Thank Post

Central School Calendar - Maybe Using Live@EDu

Hi Everyone.

We have just moved 2000 users to Live@EDU and a question I am being asked a lot is if we can create a shared school calendar which can be added to all the staff accounts?

Is this possible?
    If so how?

If not is there another opensource solution?

Thank you.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    If you log in, go to calendars, then right click on my calendars you can create a new one and share it, allocate permissions etc. This is via my account which does have some admin rights.
    Possibly if you log in as The admin account there may be options for a global calendar but i doubt there's much difference.

Thank Post
    Thanks vikpaw - I knew you could share a calendar - What I would love to be able to do is force it into all the staff's calendars as well - Currently our LEA hasnt given us FULL admin rights just mailbox management rights so I am not sure what the possibilities are?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Well i control my own and logged in as admin and didn't any calendar type options, it still says i'm on the BETA and it could well be that the latest version is not yet available here in the middle of the east, so the only way i can see is to share the calendar. However when you send the invite out i guess it relies on the member of staff accepting it.

Even with out own built-in exchange, we do this and have to rely on staff to add the secondary calendars themselves, however it's in their interests and they are told to do it by line managers so not such a big issue.

If there was a public folder like structure, you'd still be relying on the staff to open and access it, for this case, sharing might be an ok workaround. Maybe using the powershell there are ways to push calendars by force. i know it's very powerful, if you check their help pages, you might luck on something. They can be hard going though. Log a support request, they are very good at getting back to you, and should have a short answer one way or another .

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread