+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Is Parentpay any good? in Technical; Well it is provided by our LEA, I just signed in and imported the MIS data! Veyr early days ... ...
    Thank Post
    Well it is provided by our LEA, I just signed in and imported the MIS data! Veyr early days ... we are just figuring out how to roll it out now!

Thank Post
    And I'm still waiting for a support call to be answered that I logged at 8am this morning. Horrah!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rh91uk View Post
    And I'm still waiting for a support call to be answered that I logged at 8am this morning. Horrah!
    Yeah they are a pain to contact by phone, we have someone's mobile from there

Thank Post
    The epos system is always the blame factor, but in reality it relies on the the account balance holder in your case PP. The trust-e till that we have has an override function in case of such circumstances.. talk about a plan!

Thank Post
    Well after discounting ParentPay I'm still researching other online payment systems:-(

companies I have found are:

Wisepay - seems like a good system but a small organisation and I'm concerned about how good their support would be.
    Parentmail and their pluspay service, again seems good and have a rep coming in next week for a demo

I've also heard teachers2parents are launching a payment service in september, but I was concerned to read this! Racist telesales firm Teachers 2 Parents made Rahul Jain call himself Rob Matthews | Mail Online

So I don't think I'll be giving them a call!

Anybody got any experience using any of the above or other payment services?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Writer View Post

I've also heard teachers2parents are launching a payment service in september, but I was concerned to read this! Racist telesales firm Teachers 2 Parents made Rahul Jain call himself Rob Matthews | Mail Online
    TBH sounds pretty much like what all the big companies with Indian Call centers tend to do - or have you not noticed half of staff in Indian call centers have british names?

Thank Post
    Whilst looking at what system we were going to use here, we went out to a college that was using wisepay and they couldn't speak highly enough of them. They said that the level of service was excellent and that all the integration was done for them and free of charge. It's definitely worth talking to them about it and trying to find a school that uses it and then go talk to them!

Thank Post
    We're using SCO Pay from Tucasi. At the moment it is having major problems linking to Cunningham's system to the extent that we have been forced to put a message on our website asking parents not to use it until it is resolved.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    TBH sounds pretty much like what all the big companies with Indian Call centers tend to do - or have you not noticed half of staff in Indian call centers have british names?
    Whether it's standard practice or not, I would not want our school to be using a company that's been convicted of racist behaviour. I think our governors would have something to say about that too!

Thank Post
    Hi - just wondering why you discounted ParentPay? I work for ParentPay so would be happy to respond to any queries?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ParentPay View Post
    Hi - just wondering why you discounted ParentPay? I work for ParentPay so would be happy to respond to any queries?
    try reading the rest of the thread....

Thank Post
    yes I've been following it for a while and there are some negative (and positive) comments. PP have around 80% of the online payment market in almost 3000 schools and a proven system.Other systems can't give you as many local schools with proven successes in using online payments to contact and talk to about the system, nor do other providers offer the breadth functionality or service with regard to cashless integration. Apologies if you've had a bad experience CyberNerd - happy to try and put that right for you?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Apologies if you've had a bad experience CyberNerd - happy to try and put that right for you?
    As long as you can keep your servers up and running I'm happy, when it's not working it causes major problems for parents and schools.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Blog Entries
    yes I've been following it for a while and there are some negative (and positive) comments. PP have around 80% of the online payment market in almost 3000 schools and a proven system.Other systems can't give you as many local schools with proven successes in using online payments to contact and talk to about the system, nor do other providers offer the breadth functionality or service with regard to cashless integration. Apologies if you've had a bad experience CyberNerd - happy to try and put that right for you?
    The problems your users are facing are:

1. It is basically impossible to talk to someone via phone - which is most schools' preferred communication method with companies in my experience. Email is too slow.
    2. Your service seems to randomly be going down too much lately. It used to be very stable but of late it has been causing many issues both for parents trying to pay and for admin staff trying to work with it (especially at this time of year when we're all trying to get things like pre-admissions details sorted out).

To many it simply screams of 'too much growth, too fast, with not enough investment back into the business to handle the growth'.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    As long as you can keep your servers up and running I'm happy, when it's not working it causes major problems for parents and schools.
    I have to say its exactly the same as this - you may have 80% of the market but at the moment the downtime is a major factor to consider it seems to be very unreliable at the moment

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast