+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
How do you do....it? Thread, Is Parentpay any good? in Technical; parentpay do actually have an office now - based out of coventry...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    parentpay do actually have an office now - based out of coventry

2. Thanks to glennda from:

marshharrier (21st September 2011)

Thank Post
    Glennda - many thanks for the correction - that must have been very recent indeed as I only checked about 6 months ago. My understanding is that their employees are spread about all over the place and so I'd imagine that perhaps only some operate from Coventry? I don't know this for a fact but with a bit of luck they will confirm it for us

Thank Post
    We have just started the process of looking at cashless systems and online payment providers. Our Bursar was going way over the top with questions and requests for accounts etc all the points mentioned by Marshharrier and a load more.

I questioned her why she was doing all this extra work and was told quite rightly that the companies chosen will be responsible for tens of thousands of pounds of parents/schools money and we had to ensure they were stable financially, much like when you choose a pension.

Made me stop and think.

Thank Post
    Your bursar sounds as if she has a lot of good sense!

Thank Post
    For some reason I'm still following Parentpay on twitter - and they've just tweeted claiming they have 2 new LA contracts confirmed!

I can't believe the incompetence of some councils?? With Parentpay's track record of long periods of downtime this year, which has clearly exhasborated many schools and parents (just take a look at PP's facebook and twitter pages), and the fact that the company clearly has major technical isses, combined the poor service it provides customers (which has been clearly vented by people on this forum) WHY do these councils WASTE our taxes on a service which clearly isn't up to the job!

It baffles me how councils work?? Makes you wonder if the 'old boys' network is still very much driving things...very sad.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Uniservity springs to mind.... all the schools told the LA it was useless and they wanted moodle. LA bought it using money topsliced from harnessing technology. HT money dries up. Schools put in their own moodle.

Thank Post
    I am still having problems with my Parentpay. I can't imagine why anyone would go near it at the moment, given all the well-publicised problems. Why are public services so bad at running things, and choosing technology? At the moment I'm having to deal with yet another incompetent government agency. Is it because they don't produce a profit that they are so profligate with money and don't seem to worry when the service they get from other companies is so terrible?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjogirl View Post
    I am still having problems with my Parentpay. I can't imagine why anyone would go near it at the moment, given all the well-publicised problems. Why are public services so bad at running things, and choosing technology? At the moment I'm having to deal with yet another incompetent government agency. Is it because they don't produce a profit that they are so profligate with money and don't seem to worry when the service they get from other companies is so terrible?
    We are still having some problems with PP and the level of service we have experienced over the last 4 months means we will re-evaluate before the end of the contract period and look at other suppliers. We did go through a good selection and testing process - and PP operated without major issues for us for 18 months. But when you buy into a service, the levels at the time are no guarantee that those will be maintained. We can't see in to the future and I don't see any way we could, as a school, reasonably anticipate such a lengthy period of disruption, nor do I see any cost effective way of operating a backup service with the same facilities (our backup is manual payments). We do try to be efficient and we do worry when things aren't going well. I'd also point out that it is the company that IS making the profit that IS the cause of the problems.

Thank Post
    I realise this is a bit of thread necromancy, but what are people's current opinion of PP? We're having a nightmare with them. Don't want to go into details but the level of support is less than average at best.

Thank Post
    We experience the odd glitch, usually with individual accounts and not always down to PP (probably more are down to the Nationwide cashless system). Our opinion is that support and communication has substantially improved since last years issues.

Thank Post
    Guys, anyone has any phone number for parentpay support, can you pleas PM me?

We just sync new Y7 with parent pay, but for some reason it used UPN instead of admission numbers and our cashless system does not recognize them.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi, ParentPay support number is 0844 5678988.

Thank Post
    Thanks for that, life saver

Thank Post
    I continue to be baffled why anyone would choose to use Parentpay. When you read comments like this, it would scare the bejesus out or me Parentpay payment for school dinners gone missing!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Writer View Post
    I continue to be baffled why anyone would choose to use Parentpay. When you read comments like this, it would scare the bejesus out or me Parentpay payment for school dinners gone missing!!
    Thing is, those problems are highly unlikely to be down to ParentPay - they are more down to the cashless system in use in the school! Vericool is fingerprint system that the school will be using... So, blaming ParentPay for school admin errors isn't exactly right.

At this school, ParentPay has been pretty much flawless, with increased support (ie. you can talk to them on the phone now).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011