+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, EasyTrace - importing users via CSV in Technical; We have made the switch from SIMS to Bromcom MIS, and I have come unstuck with Easytrace. Obviously, it's not ...

Thank Post

Question EasyTrace - importing users via CSV

We have made the switch from SIMS to Bromcom MIS, and I have come unstuck with Easytrace. Obviously, it's not integrated with BackOffice, and so I was wondering about exporting a CSV from Bromcom to import new customers 'manually' into EasyTrace. Does anyone have any experience of this? I see it's an option, but I don't know what columns I need to include...

Any thoughts please?

Thank yoooo!

Jon

Thank Post
    Good Morning Jon,

This is something that the helpdesk should certainly be able to assist you with. Even if your query is on the EasyTrace side with which columns to include for that import to work, we have had experience in dealing with these guys before.

So if you don't get any immediate joy from here (although I expect you will get a significant number of offers to assist, these guys and girls are great that way) then call the Helpdesk on 020 8695 8077 and they will be more than happy to assist.

Regards
    John

3. Thanks to JohnCondon from:

Easytrace (14th June 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCondon View Post
    Good Morning Jon,

This is something that the helpdesk should certainly be able to assist you with. Even if your query is on the EasyTrace side with which columns to include for that import to work, we have had experience in dealing with these guys before.

So if you don't get any immediate joy from here (although I expect you will get a significant number of offers to assist, these guys and girls are great that way) then call the Helpdesk on 020 8695 8077 and they will be more than happy to assist.

Regards
    John
    @JohnCondon

Thanks for the referal. The helpdesk number is 08450 714 667.

@saintoctopus: There is a CSV standard template for importing student and/or staff details into Easytrace. The headers follow below.

Surname | Forename | Title | Admino | RegGroup | YearGroup

Where the AdminNo represents the unique person number from Bromcom. Obviously for Students Title fields can be left blank. For Staff the recommended standard is 'ST' for YearGroup and 'Staff' for RegGroup. If however you would like to adopt a different standard the software can handle that too, as long as its unique (i.e. not the same as any of the Student reg or year groups).

Once the csv has been formatted to these standards in excel you can save it as MSDos csv. This ensures any excel formatting is stripped out. You can then go to Easytrace and click on Tools > Import > From CSV Format > Customers and Cards from CSV (Any Custom Format)

You can then browse to your csv (making sure that it is closed first - If you have it open you will get an error: Access to that file was denied by operating system) and map the fields from your csv to Easytrace. The software will make educated assumptions on fields. But in case you hve mis-spelled a header you can still drag and drop from the left pane to the right, the fields tht don't match. When you click 'OK' the software will do the rest.

Really hope this helps with your query.

Regards

Easytrace Support Team

Thank Post
    also have a look at groupcall exporter - softlink use it with easytrace to import card csn info from a csv from easytrace which is made every night at 00:00 to oliver v5 sql

6. Thanks to lordasb from:

Easytrace (15th June 2011)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread