+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
How do you do....it? Thread, How often do you clean projector filters? in Technical; ...

Thank Post
    It is a Dyson DC30, and we paid roughly £90 for ours. We also have a lot of Dell Optiplex's on site, as we use it for cleaning the front grills on the cases. It's very good for this.

That's when I actually get any time to clean things. Most of the time the cleaners do it.

Thank Post
    Last time I replaced all our (rubbish S@nyo) projectors with Taxan DLP units with NO filters!

These have proved very reliable, just needing a vacuum out every couple of months...just coming up to three years old and I am replacing all the bulbs for first time.

...the new bulb is so much better than the old one that teachers think I am working some sort of miracle and I am VERY popular at present

Most of the time the cleaners do it.
    I have asked our cleaners not to clean IT kit as they always wipe it over with the same mucky cloths they wipe all the desks etc with!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CESIL View Post
    I have asked our cleaners not to clean IT kit as they always wipe it over with the same mucky cloths they wipe all the desks etc with!
    Very good point.

Thank Post
    Biggest problem is the ridiculously small size of the filters compared to the airflow pulled through them in a normal working day. We clean ours monthly and come the following month, some look as though they have never been cleaned ! As for the projectors fitted in the Home Ec dept ……..

Some of our projectors require cleaning more frequently but we do not have the manpower to do that, which brings me to my next comment. I would have liked to have asked the Epson trainer mentioned by CapEnd earlier, why projector manufacturers like Epson fit such small filters in the 1st place and then expect them to last a reasonable time without clogging.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 923 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    As for the projectors fitted in the Home Ec dept ……..
    Ours needs cleaning weekly with Industrial De-greaser urgh! Hate to have that go bang under warranty and have to send it back to NEC!

Thank Post
    Clean ours when I can get the time, usually do all of them at once (although takes a couple of days to get around them all!)
    This year on the other hand I will be taking the same stance as others on here and doing them when the lamp goes bang, since theres now only me here!!

First generation Hitachi short throws I find to be a pain for dust/overheating. The filter is miles too thin and as the fan is huge it soon fills up. Newer ones come with a thicker 3M filter (which the manual says will come with any new lamps) 2 new lamps so far, no new filters in the box!! And I agree with projectors in cookery rooms....'shudders'

Thank Post
    reset the timer job done :-)

Thank Post
    Pretty much every 4 weeksish, hoover and a paint brush works a treat

Thank Post
    I would suspect it is a uni-cycle ......lol (I have a 5')
    Anyways, have any of you tried out projector enclosures, I have an acquaintance that has installed several and said they work great for minimizing cleaning and overheating.

Thanks....

Thank Post
    Just done most of ours but some classrooms are being painted and all of the furniture has been heaped under the projectors, so I acan't get to them. It's interesting how some are much dirtier than others. I don't know if that's down to them not being turned off or just dustier kids?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 923 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Just done most of ours but some classrooms are being painted and all of the furniture has been heaped under the projectors, so I acan't get to them. It's interesting how some are much dirtier than others. I don't know if that's down to them not being turned off or just dustier kids?
    I can tell which cleaners clean which rooms in terms of standard classrooms, obviously catering, textiles, art and DT tend to be fluffy/dirty/greasy due to the nature of those rooms and the way they are, however a standard classroom for english or maths doesn't differ much yet cleaning standards do unfortunately

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123