+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, What software are you using to bakup your laptops? in Technical; We are using Retrospect at the moment which seems to change hands every 6 months or so, its currently with ...
    Thank Post

What software are you using to bakup your laptops?

We are using Retrospect at the moment which seems to change hands every 6 months or so, its currently with Roxio and I'm fed up with it!
    Its the most unstable version we've ever had and their support is awful! After it messed up a few weeks ago and going through support they told me there was nothing to do apart from start from scratch. I did that and now its screwed up again. After spending most of my support call spelling my name (don't even ask how long the email address took) I need to look for an alternative if there is any...

Any suggestions?

Thankyou please

Thank Post

3. Thanks to Soulfish from:

dirtydog (17th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yosemite laptop/desktop backup from Barracudaware (BarracudaWare / Yosemite Technologies)

Puts an agent on the laptop; this backs up files to the local hard disc and whenever it can see the network it dumps them to the backup server. It doesn't just backup up (eg) my documents but every file with particular extensions (specified by administrator) - this means you can choose to backup all .doc, .xls, .jpg but exclude .mp3, for example.

No idea of pricing but we charge users 15 per year for this which I believe is intended to cover the cost of running the service.

Only downside is that there's no 64 bit version yet - it keeps being promised "really soon"

5. Thanks to srochford from:

dirtydog (18th January 2011)

Thank Post

7. Thanks to djwingfield from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    We use R1Soft CDP to do server to disk backups.

Ben

9. Thanks to plexer from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    Yosemite laptop/desktop backup from Barracudaware (BarracudaWare / Yosemite Technologies)

Puts an agent on the laptop; this backs up files to the local hard disc and whenever it can see the network it dumps them to the backup server. It doesn't just backup up (eg) my documents but every file with particular extensions (specified by administrator) - this means you can choose to backup all .doc, .xls, .jpg but exclude .mp3, for example.

No idea of pricing but we charge users 15 per year for this which I believe is intended to cover the cost of running the service.

Only downside is that there's no 64 bit version yet - it keeps being promised "really soon"
    That sounds like what we use now which is ideal. We don't need offsite backup at the moment so we pay next to nothing for our software right now. I should have mentioned that we have Mac and PC clients here - I can get around that if I need to as our NAS can do TimeMachine backups.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    That sounds like what we use now which is ideal. We don't need offsite backup at the moment so we pay next to nothing for our software right now. I should have mentioned that we have Mac and PC clients here - I can get around that if I need to as our NAS can do TimeMachine backups.
    Druva and Vembu both have the option of backing up to a local NAS as well as replicating to a local or remote NAS. The cloud based stuff is because a lot of online backup providers use their software and rebrand it as their own

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread