+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Multiple video conversions... in Technical; Hi my problem is that I am trying to connect my pc to an older sony KV-30HS510 CRT tv and ...

Thank Post

Multiple video conversions...

Hi my problem is that I am trying to connect my pc to an older sony KV-30HS510 CRT tv and am having problems; When connecting with straight dvi-dvi the picture is severely zoomed in and "bowed" or bent at the edges, and after trying every possible resolution ( 1080i is max of tv, windows suggests 1920x1080 resolution) am convinced that this will not work. Also tried an HDMI to DVI cable and am experiencing the same thing.
    I have a dvi-vga adapter for my pc but no vga connection on the tv. My question is can i use the dvi-vga adapter and then adapt the VGA to a composite connection ( i.e. DVI-VGA-composite ), or VGA to anything else.... and will it help any of the "bending" and zooming I am experiencing?
    The TV accepts DVI-D, Composite, S-video, and Video...The pc which has a radeon hd5770 video card sends out DVI_I, DP, HDMI, and DVI-VGA adapter. Is there any sort of combo that will help my situation WITHOUT purchasing a converter box for 300$?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,744 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a_schank View Post
    Hi my problem is that I am trying to connect my pc to an older sony KV-30HS510 CRT tv and am having problems.
    The specs on page 89 of the manual state the following, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

The DVI-HDTV input terminal is compliant with the EIA-861 standard and is not intended for use with personal computers.

3. Thanks to Arthur from:

a_schank (2nd December 2010)

Thank Post
    I have read that also, what I am asking though is if I can use the component connections on the tv, NOT the dvi. I am fine with the 1064x720 you get out of VGA, but am unsure if I should buy a VGA to composite adapter, while the VGA is being adapted from DVI ( i.e. from the pc, starting with DVI-I adapted to VGA then adapted to composite then sent to the tv). I am aware of the resolution loss but simply want a "fitted" pc screen on my tv, regardless of letterboxing or black bars on the edges. I DON'T need to use the DVI on the tv or pc, and am wondering if any combo of connections work to avoid going to the tv's DVI. thanks for the reply by the way....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread