+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Anyone using Kaspersky? in Technical; Anyone using Kasperky Administration kit 2010? I'm trialling it here to replace the ever-troublesome Sophos, and so far like it ...

Thank Post

Anyone using Kaspersky?

Anyone using Kasperky Administration kit 2010? I'm trialling it here to replace the ever-troublesome Sophos, and so far like it a lot.

However I'm stuck on a fairly basic problem. On the test clients I can no longer ping them, remote desktop them, VNC to them, manage them or access their local drive (i.e \\pc\c$) which is essential for daily admin stuff.

I'm guessing KAV has blocked everything but when I set the Anti hacker rules to allow RDP port 3389 it makes no difference. Disabling the Anti hacker part makes no difference either. I haven't got a lot of time for this trial so if anyones got past these problems I would be interested to hear how!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 992 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Are you usign the commercial version or home version?

Thank Post
    Its the Business Open Space version - a trial for potentially our entire network. Its also failing to connect for updates through a proxy server whether I set a username or not.

Its a shame its not working, the deployment side and Admin console absolutely whups Sophos versions.

EDIT: looks like its the end of this trial - even when I add my admin PC into the trusted zones of the client, it allows nothing through. Manually specifiying the VNC apps still blocks it, manually specifiying the ICMP and RDP ports still blocks them as well! It even appears to prevent the clients from registering their IP in DNS as they have all stopped doing that since KAV was installed.

Over to NOD32....
    Last edited by GoldenWonder; 17th November 2010 at 01:50 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread