+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 287
How do you do....it? Thread, Toner inventory Database in Technical; To create a DB and user, just do: Code: CREATE DATABASE printers; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON printers to 'printers'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED ...
  1. #91

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,413
    Thank Post
    642
    Thanked 964 Times in 664 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    327
    To create a DB and user, just do:

    Code:
    CREATE DATABASE printers;
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON printers to 'printers'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

  2. Thanks to webman from:

    RabbieBurns (3rd November 2010)

  3. #92

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,531
    Thank Post
    1,341
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    Code:
    mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR 'printers'@'localhost';
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Grants for printers@localhost                                                                                          |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'printers'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*D8DECEC305209EEFEC43008E1D420E1AA06B19E0' |
    | GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `mysql`.`printers` TO 'printers'@'localhost'                           |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    does that look right?

    edit: I found my mistake.. I had to change it to
    Code:
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `printers`.* TO 'printers'@'localhost'
    Thanks for the quick way of adding too
    Last edited by RabbieBurns; 3rd November 2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: found my mistake

  4. #93

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,531
    Thank Post
    1,341
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    And also, im not sure what to change on this line in the init.php file

    Code:
    $db = new fDatabase('mysql', 'printmaster', 'root', '', 'localhost');
    sorry for all the dumb questions

    edit: figured it out...

    Its database type, database name, username, password, host...

    Sorted now cheers!
    Last edited by RabbieBurns; 3rd November 2010 at 11:13 AM.

  5. #94
    browolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,529
    Thank Post
    108
    Thanked 89 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Rep Power
    40
    Depending on what you pay on delivery of toner cartridges (none for us since our printers are all on a contract), our printers (HP) are set to email helpdesk when toner is low and then we order a new one straight away. we have some stock in case they doesn't come in time. We don't need to track what we have as the system is self-replenishing.

  6. #95

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,413
    Thank Post
    642
    Thanked 964 Times in 664 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    327
    RabbieBurns has created some nice instructions for installing on Linux - now available on the project wiki: Installation on Linux.

  7. Thanks to webman from:

    RabbieBurns (3rd November 2010)

  8. #96

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,531
    Thank Post
    1,341
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    Also set up a demo site if anyone wants to have a look at a live install:

    Home - PrintMaster

  9. 2 Thanks to RabbieBurns:

    plexer (3rd November 2010), round2it (18th December 2010)

  10. #97
    pritchardavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Ockendon, Thurrock, United Kingdom
    Posts
    932
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 64 Times in 58 Posts
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    Also set up a demo site if anyone wants to have a look at a live install:

    Home - PrintMaster
    sorry for me being dumb but how to you get that on a subdomain?

  11. #98

    RabbieBurns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,531
    Thank Post
    1,341
    Thanked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by p-dave View Post
    sorry for me being dumb but how to you get that on a subdomain?
    Using apache with virtual hosts.. Basically you have a main generic apache config, and then you have a seperate config for each domain/subdomain.

    Its a way of running multiple websites on 1 static IP.

    Configuring and Using Virtual Hosts in Apache

  12. #99
    fawkers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southend
    Posts
    193
    Thank Post
    32
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    31
    Hello Everyone;

    Please find attached my 'patched' printer master whith a facility to monitor costs.

    Known Bug: When quiering the costs table if the same row is returned multipule times the cost will only to be summed once.
    Here is the offeding code
    Code:
    "SELECT SUM(`cost`)
    				FROM `costs`
    				WHERE `id` in (
    					SELECT `cost_id`
    					FROM `events`
    					WHERE `printer_id` = $printer_id AND DATE_SUB(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 30 DAY) <= `date` 
    				)"
    Any Ideas?

    printmastertest.zip

    Your have to create your database using the printmastertest.sql in the zip file.

  13. #100
    round2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,033
    Thank Post
    203
    Thanked 153 Times in 110 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Could an export data option be added to this project?

    this project is ideal for use in our school one thing missing for us is the ability to export data to CSV or some form to edit in Excel

    would this be hard to impliment


    big thank you goes out to the creator and all the people who have added little extras.

  14. Thanks to round2it from:

    webman (17th December 2010)

  15. #101

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,413
    Thank Post
    642
    Thanked 964 Times in 664 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    327
    round2it: That sounds relatively simple. Which data were you thinking about - just toners & stock?

  16. Thanks to webman from:

    round2it (18th December 2010)

  17. #102
    round2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,033
    Thank Post
    203
    Thanked 153 Times in 110 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    round2it: That sounds relatively simple. Which data were you thinking about - just toners & stock?
    i was thinking about

    having a report so that i can say to departments x printer has used x amount of toners in x amount of time

    if this could be implimented it would be great.

    Thanks webman

  18. #103
    sionide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    34
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    10
    How come this hasn't been promoted to a "Edugeek Project" status yet?! It's great..

    I'm trying to get a test db up on a virtual LAMP linux box.

    Code:
    Uncaught fProgrammerException
    -----------------------------
    {doc_root}/printers/consumables.php(120): include('{doc_root}/printe...')
    {doc_root}/printers/views/consumables/addedit.php(35): Consumable->getModels()
    {doc_root}/printers/inc/classes/Consumable.php(167): Consumable->buildModels()
    [internal function]: fActiveRecord->__call('buildModels', Array)
    {doc_root}/printers/inc/flourish/fActiveRecord.php(914): fORMRelated::buildRecords('Consumable', Array, Array, 'Model')
    {doc_root}/printers/inc/flourish/fORMRelated.php(209): fORMSchema::getRouteName(Object(fSchema), 'consumables', 'models', NULL, '*-to-many')
    {doc_root}/printers/inc/flourish/fORMSchema.php(179)
    The table consumables is not in a *-to-many relationship with the table models
    I keep getting this kind of error ^ on pages such as Add Consumble and "The table manufacturers is not in a *-to-many relationship with the table models" when viewing manufacturers.php

    Pretty sure I've got the "session" folder set up okay, but I think something is wrong with the relational links between the tables in my db - I tried making a completely fresh db by importing to .sql file but still getting the same issue. Any clues??

  19. #104
    round2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,033
    Thank Post
    203
    Thanked 153 Times in 110 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by sionide View Post
    How come this hasn't been promoted to a "Edugeek Project" status yet?! It's great..

    I'm trying to get a test db up on a virtual LAMP linux box.

    Code:
    Uncaught fProgrammerException
    -----------------------------
    {doc_root}/printers/consumables.php(120): include('{doc_root}/printe...')
    {doc_root}/printers/views/consumables/addedit.php(35): Consumable->getModels()
    {doc_root}/printers/inc/classes/Consumable.php(167): Consumable->buildModels()
    [internal function]: fActiveRecord->__call('buildModels', Array)
    {doc_root}/printers/inc/flourish/fActiveRecord.php(914): fORMRelated::buildRecords('Consumable', Array, Array, 'Model')
    {doc_root}/printers/inc/flourish/fORMRelated.php(209): fORMSchema::getRouteName(Object(fSchema), 'consumables', 'models', NULL, '*-to-many')
    {doc_root}/printers/inc/flourish/fORMSchema.php(179)
    The table consumables is not in a *-to-many relationship with the table models
    I keep getting this kind of error ^ on pages such as Add Consumble and "The table manufacturers is not in a *-to-many relationship with the table models" when viewing manufacturers.php

    Pretty sure I've got the "session" folder set up okay, but I think something is wrong with the relational links between the tables in my db - I tried making a completely fresh db by importing to .sql file but still getting the same issue. Any clues??
    im sure they guys can sort this out for you

    ive just installed on my machine at work added all my printers and stock
    i used the xampp route works perfectly for me at work and at home. but it was on windows

    and i agree this should be an edugeek project now it has so much potential
    clean tidy does eactly what it says on the tin.
    Last edited by round2it; 20th December 2010 at 04:25 PM.

  20. #105

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    343
    Thank Post
    52
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    I think this is an excellent project. It would be good to have export to excel button on the reports section, I think the only thing that is missing is the ability to charge the departments for the toner, another idea wold be good to have something like this for projector lamps.

    Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OCS Inventory
    By Geoff in forum Downloads
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd June 2011, 08:40 AM
  2. Inventory
    By school in forum Scripts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd June 2010, 02:18 PM
  3. Inventory
    By mmoseley in forum Network and Classroom Management
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20th June 2007, 12:31 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th February 2007, 09:37 AM
  5. inventory system
    By bjg5858 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th July 2006, 09:10 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •