+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Toner inventory Database in Technical; Hi webman, still using this great bit of software.. Liking a lot of the suggestions made as well so its ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi webman, still using this great bit of software.. Liking a lot of the suggestions made as well so its a shame you don't have time to implement them..

would perhaps starting a PayPal donation scheme help you find the time..

anyway, Im trying to run a report of how many toners I have added to the system however it seems to only show how a report of individual dishing out of toners..

Is there something simple i can do (either through mysql on the command line or adding to the php code) that will give me a dump the toners added in a definable period please?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hey - glad you're still finding it useful

It's a nice idea, but I don't think donations would help with finding the time, unfortunately!

Currently, the system doesn't record information about when toners are added to stock - as you say, just for installing them in printers. So it would not be possible to create a query for the information you're wanting.

3. Thanks to webman from:

RabbieBurns (1st September 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No worries ill just trawl through my order book

Thank Post
    Hey everyone! I would like to say thank you to webman and everyone else that took that time to work on this project. I'm really happy that I came across it. I read this thread a few times already and unless i'm blind (its possible!) I didn't see an answer to this particular problem.
    Uncaught fProgrammerException ----------------------------- {doc_root}/printer/manufacturers.php(39): include('/hermes/bosweb2...') {doc_root}/printer/views/manufacturers/index.php(30): Manufacturer->countModels() {doc_root}/printer/views/manufacturers/index.php(30): fActiveRecord->__call('countModels', Array) {doc_root}/printer/inc/flourish/fActiveRecord.php(923): fORMRelated::countRecords('Manufacturer', Array, Array, 'Model') {doc_root}/printer/inc/flourish/fORMRelated.php(290): fORMSchema::getRouteName(Object(fSchema), 'manufacturers', 'models', NULL, '*-to-many') {doc_root}/printer/inc/flourish/fORMSchema.php(179) The table manufacturers is not in a *-to-many relationship with the table models
    I'm going to read everything again for fun! If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!\

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    jmansoor, thanks for checking out PrintMaster - hopefully it will be useful for you as well!

The problem described, I think, is that the code is not getting the correct results from auto-detecting the database layout.

Are the tables using the InnoDB engine, and are foreign keys configured properly? Did you run the whole printmaster.sql file, including the ALTER TABLE statements at the end?

Thank Post
    Thanks for the quick response! I checked with my hosting provider and unfortunately they do not offer the innodb option in mysql. looks like I will have to install this on my VM!

Thanks again

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi again.

Ah, that is quite a shame Unfortunately the code and DB libraries used require InnoDB for it to auto-detect the relationships between the various items; so there isn't a straight-forward way around this.

Good luck on the VM

Thank Post

Question Any further details on adding this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Others: Re: costs. At the moment, I'm not looking at developing the costs feature due to higher priorities (private work, Classroombookings). I agree it would be a good feature to have, and probably one day I'll do it; just not right now
    Wasn't sure if you had considered picking this project back up and adding the cost feature or not. This is really an important function is replacing out spreadsheets with a more efficient application.

Thanks so much for all you have done on this project already. The app is wonderful.

Also, if anyone else has implemented a cost tracking feature and would be willing to share it, I would be greatly appreciative of that person!!!

Thanks again webman and all contributors.

Thank Post
    Hi all, first post....

This does look awsome, however I can't get it to work or figure out why. The error I get is the following Fatal error: Class 'fCore' not found in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP-12.1\www\my portable files\inc\config.php on line 15
    I think it has to do with Easy PHP setup and not printmaster...

Thanks in Advanced

Thank Post
    I love this software and hope its still being updated / enhanced any news?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi @eclass

The project is still "alive", but I haven't made any changes to it for a long time as I am busy with others at the moment (mainly Classroombookings). Is there anything specific you need from PrintMaster?

Thank Post
    @webman thanks for replying back, my only "minimal issue" is when I click to install (lets say 3 color ink cartridges) on one printer, I'd wish for maybe a check box option where I select all 3 cartridges needed then "install"

the way its setup now is you have to select cartridges individually to install them and the page refreshes its self back to the top of the list instead holding its location..

other then that right now script works flawless! thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eclass View Post
    my only "minimal issue" is when I click to install (lets say 3 color ink cartridges) on one printer, I'd wish for maybe a check box option where I select all 3 cartridges needed then "install"
    That's interesting, I never thought of that use case during planning or developing. It might be fairly easy to add - I'll see if I have some time to look at that soon

Quote Originally Posted by eclass View Post
    the way its setup now is you have to select cartridges individually to install them and the page refreshes its self back to the top of the list instead holding its location..
    Yes, that's annoying. Solution: have less printers so the list fits on the page

Joking aside, I'm pleased you find the script useful

Thank Post
    @webman lol, yes! we have over 60 printers! keeping up on ink & toner is crazy here!

Thanks!

Thank Post
    @webman - Just installed Printmaster - AWESOME.
    We currently have a spreadsheet so this is a big step up for us.
    Thanks for all the hard work on it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast