+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Toner inventory Database in Technical; Do you have Javascript enabled in your web browser?...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Do you have Javascript enabled in your web browser?

Thank Post
    Thanks for the quick replys, I tested this in 3 different computers and I'm still getting the same message/page do you think its a permission issue?

Thank Post
    Ok I fixed it, it was a permission issue in the Printmaster/web/_boxy java folder.

Thank Post
    Anyone encounter this error message when deleting a consumable?

see attached picture:
    delete.png

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    eclass: Sorry about that. It occurs because you have previously installed that consumable in a printer, and the database won't let you remove it with the current setup.

To resolve this, run this query on the database from phpMyAdmin (or similar) and then try to delete the consumable again.

Code:
    ALTER TABLE `events` DROP FOREIGN KEY `events_ibfk_4`;
    ALTER TABLE `events` ADD FOREIGN KEY (`consumable_id`) REFERENCES `printmaster`.`consumables`(`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE NO ACTION;
    (This also presumes your database is called 'printmaster')

Hope that helps.

Thank Post
    Thanks, ill give it a try

Thank Post

Smile

Hi
    First off I would like to say that I have found your software a fantastic piece of work, it has filled a massive gap in what we needed, especially that it is very user freindly. I have actually translated it to spanish so it can also be used in south america.
    I would like to ask for your help, I am very very green in the PHP arena, what I need is to be able to filter search the printer using a text box in quickadd.php, the reason for this is that we have over 50 printers and we would like to filter the printer using its name (id) so to quicken the process of installing the toner. This way also we can use a bar code scanner. I will be adding some extra features to the software soon, and I promise I will upload them to the forum. I would greatly apreciate you help as I have not been able to figure out how to filter the list in quickadd.php .
    Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by ccoronado; 26th August 2011 at 01:27 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    ccoronado: Thanks for your comments, much appreciated

Having a search/filter for printers on the front page would definitely be a good idea, and is something I can look at adding soon.

Thanks for your offer of contributing some extra features too - that's something the whole community can benefit from.

Thank Post
    Hi again

Thanks for replying, sorry about not being online at the time that you answered, but itīs also the time diference that dosnīt help much.
    Well I have been looking at your code and I still cannot identify where the listing of printers is generated from, so I can stick in a variable to filter out the printers. What I am going to do is that when a user needs a toner, they will go to a page where they will input the printer number that they want toner for, this will print out a petition form which needs to be signed by thier supervisor. The form itself will have a barcode that will be scanned by the person who distributes the toners, which in turn will filter out the printer that needs the new toner. The page where the user will go to will be linked to the database so it can check if there is any toner or ink left for that printer, if there isnīt any, it will inform the user, this way they will not have to come to the IT department to ask for inks. I know it sounds a bit tidious but compared to how they work now, itīs a hug step forward.

So if you can kind of point me in the right direction for the filtering Iīll give it a go, and agin thanks for all your help.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi. It sounds like you have a clear idea of what you want there, that's great

OK. The actual code that shows the list of printers is L28 in quickadd.php. The list of printers comes from the $printers variable. This is defined at line 64 in index.php - it just gets a list of all the printers (function in Printer model file - but you shouldn't need to change this).

But really, you probably don't need to change any of that as it is. As the printers are just an HTML list, you can use a bit of javascript to filter that list based on a search field (in a similar way to the table on the Printers page itself).

I had a very quick look for a jQuery list filter, and found this tutorial - that might be a good place to start?

Thank Post
    Sorry about not writting back for such a long time, Im also in charge of a few asterisk servers and over 100 extensions and we had a problem with one group having echo issues.
    I thankyou for you info, I will look into the query you have provided and I will now be back on track with the software (until some new problem arises ). I apreciate all the help you are giving me and I will be back with my progress soon.

thanks..

Thank Post
    Hi Webman!! First of all, thanks for a great inventory database!! My firm has about 200 printers (in one location) and when you first open PrintMaster they list all the way down the page. When you install a consumable on the first page (without scrolling past the first page) the pop-up button container shows up in the second column as it should. BUT, say you scroll down to the last printer and install a consumable, then the button containers show up off the page all the way at the top of the page. With so many printers, this becomes tedious having to scroll all the way back up.

I was wondering if there's a way to make the buttons show in a pop-up dialog box or something instead of not being bound to the very top of column?? Or like when you add a consumable the Dialog box pops up in the middle of the screen regardless of where you are on the list of printers (230 in my case.)
    Ive been looking at the Jquery website for help and Im sure it's there, but its so overwhelming at times and there are so many calls from one page to the page in PrintMaster!

Id appreaciate your help or anyone's help if someone is still looking at this forum for ideas, etc.

Thanks and have a great day!!!
    JMF

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi JMF, thanks for your comments about PrintMaster - I'm glad you find it useful

Wow, yes, I can see how that is a bit of a problem for you, and a bit of a bad UI for that amount of printers. It'd certainly be possible to have the buttons appear in a modal dialog with some small tweaks, but that's not a quick "five-minute fix" or something I can do into in one forum post. Another solution that might be acceptable, would be to make the printer list a fixed height and scrollable. The code you have should already have an example of this.

Line 27 of /views/home/quickadd.php

You will notice this line:

Code:
    <div> <!-- style="height:300px; overflow-y: scroll;">-->
    Remove the HTML comments so that the line looks like this:

Code:
    <div style="height: 300px; overflow-y: scroll;">
    If you want it bigger, just increase the 300 value to something more suitable.

Hope that's somewhat helpful to you.

I have lots of ideas for PrintMaster, based on great feedback from the EduGeek community (so thanks for that!) - I'm disappointed that I just don't have enough free time to bring them to life in a decent amount of time.

14. Thanks to webman from:

jmfahnbulleh (8th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Hey there!!!! Thanks for your quick response!!! Using the commented code works great!! I was wondering what those were there for, but never thought that it was related to the size of the table. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how the buttons got made, then how they got to the buttoncontainer and why? Then last week Jquery was updated to 1.82 and I had this marvelous idea of using the newly introduced position utility where I could put the buttons right at the mouse pointer or thereabouts and that drove me crazy too, lol!!

Well, Im am now going to move onto some other refinements on this like page counts, adding consumables from the printer listing page, and other things we can use to make our task easier here.

thanks again and I'll be in touch again soon....
    Janii

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The javscript to handle the showing of consumables on printer clicking is located in the same file quickadd.php, but at line 57.

You could probably set the position of the #buttoncontainer DIV with javascript if you wanted to, after the buttons had been added.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast