+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, Ensure logon to 2008 server? in Technical; Originally Posted by littlehoughton Hi, from reading your comments leco its sounds as though you really need to clarify whether ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehoughton View Post
    Hi, from reading your comments leco its sounds as though you really need to clarify whether or not you are using DFS, you can find this out by opening DFS from your admin tools and taking a look in there, also check out your logon scripts and check for any FQDN path mappings which will indicate DFS. I noticed you have another thread open about missing adm template/GP issues. Has any work taken place recently, upgrades, removal of any servers?
    Thanks I'll have a look for any DFS settings. With regard to your last sentence - upgrade of all machines to Windows 7, installation of Hyper-V host for W2k8 R2 Master DC, other VM's for Exchange 2010, WSUS, Anti-virus etc. The hyper-v vapourised in an overly hot server room, I've been salvaging and fire fighting ever since.
    HC_Netman: The clients may indeed not have client side extensions, I have done updates but usually ignore optional ones. Will check that thanks.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    To stop the users from logging on via the 2003 DC just stop the Net Logon service on it which will stop any logon events being processed by it but will leave stuff like fileshares avalible.

Not sure about the other issues with the file paths but I would also be looking at DFS and just making sure that all of the paths refference in policies, scripts etc. are avalible from a workstation by navigating to it manually.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12