+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Symantec AV 9 on Windows 7 in Technical; I know the thing is not compatible with Win7, and as soon as I saw that disc, I knew it ...

Thank Post

Symantec AV 9 on Windows 7

I know the thing is not compatible with Win7, and as soon as I saw that disc, I knew it was destined for failure. Sadly, my boss and co-worker want to get this stupid thing running on a Server 2003 (to manage it) and a bunch of Win7 machines we have in the office. Anyone have an idea on how to make the magic happen?

My co-worker suggested to "poke holes" and open up ports to get the workstations and server to talk. A work of genius.

Thank Post
    The only version that will work with 7 and upwards, including 2008 R2, is 11.0.6000.550. If you can make 9 work tremendously well I will applaud you as I failed with 10.

Thank Post
    Not alot of point installing security software if you're going to reduce network security getting it to run. If it's incompatible, so be it - you can't be responsible for that!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    Not alot of point installing security software if you're going to reduce network security getting it to run. If it's incompatible, so be it - you can't be responsible for that!
    I tried to get my dumbass of a co-worker to understand this, he just doesn't want to look bad. You see, 5 months ago (before I started here), he suggested everyone to start upgrading and to only buy PCs with Win7. Idiot forgot to overlook a lot of things such as getting Roaming profiles to work on a half and half environment (Xp & 7), current software, our protection software.

Thank Post
    Lol. If they have downgrade rights put them onto XP and when you're ready to make that transitional move over to 7, then look towards setting up roaming profiles etc.

Thank Post
    Well, got one part done, getting the damn management console to work with the server. Open up port 2967 for the RTVSCAN.exe file.

Configuring Windows XP Firewall for Symantec Antivirus Client

Now to get the Auto-protect to start up....and fix the TDI/NDIS driver issue. Can't believe I'm bandaging this up...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread