+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Video Announcements in Technical; Hi Everybody, I'm looking for a way to do streaming morning announcements to the school. All of our classrooms have ...

Thank Post

Video Announcements

Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for a way to do streaming morning announcements to the school. All of our classrooms have Smartboards and speaker systems and our old intercom is just not up to the task anymore. Is there a simple way to do this or should I just get on fixing the sound system in the next 2 weeks.

I've screwed around with vlc but I think it may be too complicated. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Possibly do a live stream using Windows Media Encoder? Download details: Windows Media Encoder 9 Series

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NifeWrench View Post
    Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for a way to do streaming morning announcements to the school. All of our classrooms have Smartboards and speaker systems and our old intercom is just not up to the task anymore. Is there a simple way to do this or should I just get on fixing the sound system in the next 2 weeks.

I've screwed around with vlc but I think it may be too complicated. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
    Would this be video or audio only? VLC can multicast to a large no of machines. Angrytechnicians's blog has some really good info on streaming video.

You could record a mp3 with audacity before a set time, and get staff to play it back when ready?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rh91uk View Post
    Possibly do a live stream using Windows Media Encoder? Download details: Windows Media Encoder 9 Series
    I looked into the encoder and it was replaced by the expression encoder which looks like it may be perfect for what I need. Very easy to use. Now lets just hope our computers from 2003 are up to the task.

You could record a mp3 with audacity before a set time, and get staff to play it back when ready?
    I wish I could get them to prerecord it and drop it onto a server but they're pretty set on doing it live.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread