+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
How do you do....it? Thread, Controlled Assessment : How we did it in Technical; We have designated exam machines which we can drop into an exam OU for the duration of the exam period. ...
    Thank Post
    We have designated exam machines which we can drop into an exam OU for the duration of the exam period. When combined with exam user logins, these machines are pretty well examproof. It also allows us to block spellcheck via group policy.

Group Policy
    Computer Settings
    Security Settings
    Software Restriction Policies/Additional Rules
    Hash Rules

Here you can browse to .exe files or, for spell check blocking, to MSSpell3.dll. I also block calc.exe and mspaint.exe in this way.

Thank Post
    i have made a program for my school which the teachers use to setup and control thier CA, then its up to them if it dont work
    they run the program, select the details of the CA, add the users from from Sims click "Create CA" and it creates folders,
    Subject, Date, Teachers name, Time in a Fodler on the network (R drive) also assigns a Logon name to the student (we have 100 accounts already setup Exam01, Exam02,,,,) , the folders are locked when created,
    the teacher can print this list any time to tell the students what logon name to use
    when the teacher is ready to do the CA they open the program, click Unlock which assign the permissions to the folders for that CA, e.g. Subject, Date, Teacher Name, Time, the students then logon with the exam account, and save the work into the R drive (the only they have)
    once the CA is over the teacher clicks Lock and the program locks all the folders for that CA, the teachers can access that folder at any time

about 3 teachers are using at the moment and it seems ok, some small problems but easy corrected
    i have a help file if anyone want to email me
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GilRil View Post
    i have made a program for my school which the teachers use to setup and control thier CA, then its up to them if it dont work
    they run the program, select the details of the CA, add the users from from Sims click "Create CA" and it creates folders,
    Subject, Date, Teachers name, Time in a Fodler on the network (R drive) also assigns a Logon name to the student (we have 100 accounts already setup Exam01, Exam02,,,,) , the folders are locked when created,
    the teacher can print this list any time to tell the students what logon name to use
    when the teacher is ready to do the CA they open the program, click Unlock which assign the permissions to the folders for that CA, e.g. Subject, Date, Teacher Name, Time, the students then logon with the exam account, and save the work into the R drive (the only they have)
    once the CA is over the teacher clicks Lock and the program locks all the folders for that CA, the teachers can access that folder at any time

about 3 teachers are using at the moment and it seems ok, some small problems but easy corrected
    i have a help file if anyone want to email me
    Thanks
    This sounds like a real good program. Sounds like it works well.

4. Thanks to Kingstech from:

GilRil (23rd March 2013)

Thank Post
    thank you

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GilRil View Post
    thank you
    Would you be able to email me the help file is i pm you?

Thank Post
    yes of course

Thank Post
    Just going to add my 2pence to this thread, this is how i did it:

I already have a large folder called teaching resources which is where students have read access and teachers have write access, this folders then divided up into departments "art, drama etc" and only the individual department has write access to their own folders.

anyway.... drama at the moment are doing CAs so i have a folder in the drama section called "controlled assessment 2012-13" under that a folder for the year and year group this folder has the following permissions:
    Code:
    a.	Domain Admins
    i.	Full control
    ii.	This folder, subfolders and files
    b.	“Department Security Group” 
    i.	Full control
    ii.	This folder, subfolders and files
    c.	Student
    i.	Traverse folder/list folder/read attributes/read extended attributes/create folders/read change and take ownership
    ii.	This folder only
    d.	CREATOR OWNER 
    i.	Traverse folder/list folder/read attributes/read extended attributes/create files/create folders/write attributes/write extended attributes/delete/read change and take ownership
    ii.	Subfolders and files only
    Then i get the teacher to email me the lesson times that they'll be doing controlled assessments each week and setup a scheduled task on the file server to unlock and relock the folder for the students group (runs a little 1 line script).

Easy peasy, nice and quick, teachers have access to block internet themselves via impero or soon via lightspeed teacher portal. Covers all grounds i think...

EDIT: oh the way this works is that the students create the subfolders within the root controlled assessment folder and name it their name. That then gives them full access to that folder (but stops them deleteing it) while not allowing anyone else access.
    Last edited by mrbios; 23rd March 2013 at 02:53 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345